Page 39 of 248 FirstFirst ... 293233343536373839404142434445464989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Taking everything into consideration. I cant honestly see how the FA would deny us the league title. Not with the position we are in and the facts its been 30 years since we won the league. It would take some bent FA decisions for that to happen.
    Am sure something will arranged. It seems totally unfair otherwise.
    For many, life is unfair. Bad things happen to good/undeserving people.

Dan Roan from BBC is saying that premier league think it's pretty much impossible that the league will restart in 3 weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    There could be a situation where theres a cut of time like mid June and teams have to get their fixtures played. even if its 3 games a week. They will have to just like or lump it. We see that in the lower leagues when theres been postponements for weather.
    They sometimes have 4 games in 8 at the end of the season. we just need a month to 6 weeks.
    I'd doubt the premier league would enforce that though, there would surely have to be a majority in agreement for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Dan Roan from BBC is saying that premier league think it's pretty much impossible that the league will restart in 3 weeks time.
    I don’t see it either. As I said before once halted - a restart itself is doubtful let alone in 3 weeks. It is a crying shame and it is starting to look like we are jinxed on this one BUT I always felt that all the premature talk of celebrations and the fact it was won already was just tempting fate.

There is a Fat lady out there - she ain’t singing yet - in fact we don’t even know where she is or if she is available for bookings .

What will be will be..

Karen Brady saying it should be null and void. Shes part of the premier league committee.
    We're fucked.

This is fucking sickening. I'm done with football, i'll never watch another game again
    Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Jurgen walk after this, if it happens
    Last edited by pob; 14th March 2020 at 09:46 AM.

Worth noting though that shes chairman of a team teetering on the brink of going down so obviously she'll want that to happen.
    The worry is how many others on that committee think the same.

Karen Brady saying it should be null and void. Shes part of the premier league committee.
    We're fucked.
    Hasn't she interests in West Ham ? Considering their position in the league another season of premier league plus the money would suit her fine.

Worth noting though that shes chairman of a team teetering on the brink of going down so obviously she'll want that to happen.
    The worry is how many others on that committee think the same.
    Yep.

Surely the "fairest" way to do it is cancel next season. Then nobody is losing out and the leagues get finished off. Euro 2020 gets played in that interim.
    That's fair.
    The fact of the matter is we are 25 fucking points clear and 6 off winning. How does anyone who's not got an agenda see it being fair that the season is cancelled?