Page 40 of 248 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940414243444546475090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

How would we all have felt if this virus had happened last season when it was tighter?

This situation is unprecedented so the assumption is that we get through it and then get back to normal... but whatever is decided this season nobody can guarantee that this sort of disruption won't happen again next season. Then what?

Everyone has an opinion. Let's deal with the emergency first then think about football. It would make more sense to finish this season first whenever football resumes and then come up with solutions for another season. I don't hear anyone saying scrap anything but the premier league season

Fuck knows but declaring a season null and void seems about the unfairest way of doing it.
    Its complete common sense to finish this and declare next season void and play the euros in that period, players get a good rest etc prior to 21/22 season. Nobody loses out then. Nobody gains anything they haven't earned but when you've self interest protecting shit cunts like her on the committee gobbing off with stuff like that it's going to be an uphill battle.
    Theres atleast 8 teams who'd fuck us over if it came down to votes. Regardless of fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Karen Brady saying it should be null and void. Shes part of the premier league committee.
    We're fucked.
    Of course she does part of the West Ham board and it would be the second gift they get after the Tevez farce a decade or so back.

What she wants is one thing but there will be at least 10 teams in championship not agreeing with her then every team in every other division who is top or in a play off position wont want it either.

I expect her to be selfish and look after her own club but she will know its not right, this comes back to what I was saying to Justme last night business want money over anything that is why I think Man Utd will be with us as CL money revenue lost and potential tv money could be anything over £60m.

Surely the "fairest" way to do it is cancel next season. Then nobody is losing out and the leagues get finished off. Euro 2020 gets played in that interim.
    That's fair.
    The fact of the matter is we are 25 fucking points clear and 6 off winning. How does anyone who's not got an agenda see it being fair that the season is cancelled?
    And the players can get their nice long rest..win win for everyone.

Man Utd be with us? Not a prayer. They'll be first in the queue to deny us it.

Man Utd be with us? Not a prayer. They'll be first in the queue to deny us it.
    The fans will be yes but they dont own them Glazer is going to want the ££££ for CL and it helps attract better players too.

Football is now a business and he will then have an excuse not to spend but the stupid fans will expect him to keep spending £150-200m per summer.

I believe they lose out sponsorship wise if they fail to get CL trust me they will push to carry on my figure is possibly low it could be £100m in lost revenue NOBODY would wipe that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Most of the rags are reporting that if no more games are played this season we will still be awarded the title

There are also reports that plans are afoot that the top 2 Championship clubs will be promoted and no teams will be relegated and the EFL cup will be scrapped next season and 5 sides will be relegated next season
    that's an extra 6 league fixtures for the entire league. How do they solve the champion league and Europa league spots??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Most teams have 9 matches left. 30th June seems to be the cut-off point (on account of various players' contracts). If the season were to resume by the end of April, then I think it's do-able. Problem is, if they re-start and then in early May another player or manager gets it, then it will be suspended again.
    I hope and pray that if the season can't be finished, then we would be awarded the league. But I fear that won't be the case. Why? because I think it could open up a legal can of worms. Say,we're awarded the league without the league finishing, wouldn't Leeds argue that, likewise, they should be awarded the top spot and qualification to the Premiership. Wouldn't WBA? But then wouldn't Norwich, Villa et al say "Well you can't have our place, because we might have survived if the season had been completed'. This argument would be used throughout all the divisions.
    I can't see how you can award us the league and say everything else is null and void. There'd be huge legal ramaifcations. It makes me nauseous to say this but isn't declaring the whole season null and void the only 'fair' and consistent thing to do?

The only fair way is to complete all the leagues if it takes till September and scrap all cups next season so you can catch up.

Null and void suits some but then what happens if the same next season ?, fans in all leagues are paying money and lots of it to watch glorified friendlies.

It will cause more damage long term to the game but football does have the tendancy to make stupid decisions.