Page 42 of 248 FirstFirst ... 323536373839404142434445464748495292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Cancel Euros, finish league in summer, make 2020-2021 season a 19 game season starting January or something. Voiding a season this far thru is ridiculous. Either end it now, or shorten next. Totally unfair to void this year. Everyone has had 28+ odd games to make their case for where they are in the table.

Independent say authorities considering no football until September. Would they still finish season in that case.

Theres a few people suggesting having 22 clubs in the prem and awarding us the title.
    Theres also plenty of people connected with lower league clubs saying this will be devastating for them.
    It's really not an option to void the season. It simply causes too many problems that can be avoided.

Either wait to see how this pans out
    Until 30 june
    Then decide on positions at the 30 june
    To declare the season end on that date
    That's fair enough... however many games done
    All who are in promotion positions by 30 june (season ended regularly 38 games / 46 games) or if not .

30 june 2020 cut off point to determine final positions for this season (even if the 38 games not played)

Then next season is clear to start at 0.
    No problems of contracts

For the cups and CL ...
    I have no idea... who has an idea ?

Does that mean do we represent at the world club championship again next season ?

What all this does show is how fragile our superficial world is

I'm sure in the depths of the amazon; Indigenous peoples are not worrying about all this .

"If we were to freeze the league it would be incredibly unjust for Liverpool to not be awarded the title, because everybody in the game appreciates what a fantastic season they have had. Equally it would be unjust for teams to be relegated with nine or 10 games to go in the Premier League.

"I think it's a possible option to leave the 20 teams in the league as it is but bring the top two in the Championship up.

"It gives us a larger league, with four relegation places next season and then two teams coming up again. It has some merit but there are a lot of issues to be worked through...."
    From been

You cannot just void a season 75% done!

Total nonsensical however all but Liverpool Leicester Sheff Utd would want it void.

Add Leeds WBA plus the 10 other championship teams with a slim / bug chance to make the premier league.

But the rest of the premier league (17 clubs) would say yep void it!
    Maybe Arsenal and MU would want CL football next season.

On the 22 league next season
    4 extra games
    2 to 4 weeks extra season
    Klopp gonna go mad

Must review 2 leg semi LEAGUE CUP
    Must review replays and extra time
    Must review CL extra time and goals count double

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    On the 22 league next season
    4 extra games
    2 to 4 weeks extra season
    Klopp gonna go mad

Must review 2 leg semi LEAGUE CUP
    Must review replays and extra time
    Must review CL extra time and goals count double
    In the idea for a 22 team league for a season the League Cup would be binned for a season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You cannot just void a season 75% done!

Total nonsensical however all but Liverpool Leicester Sheff Utd would want it void.

But the rest of the premier league (17 clubs) would say yep void it!
    Several reports in numerous rags have said that all but a couple of Premier League clubs are more than happy for Liverpool to be awarded the title

If it were voided, Leicester are not in the Champions League, neither are Chelsea, the filthy aren't potentially in it, Wolves and Sheffield UTD aren't in the Europa league

The thing here is, you can't have it both ways, if teams want their position at cancellation to be respected, you have to respect our position, if we are to respect the top 2 Championship sides position, as in finishing in those positions grants them promotion to the Premier League, how can we not respect Liverpool's position and being 25 points clear not seeing them awarded the title?

You can't have it both ways, if you're respecting these other sides positions, which I think we should, then our position has to also be respected

Edit: I do also believe that on the grounds of probability, none of the Premier League teams should be relegated, I think the Premier League have to look at what they decide as if it were something that could be legally challenged and make good moral decisions based on the grounds of probability. Crowning us Champions as on the grounds of probability it is overwhelming that were all teams to play their remaining 9 games, we would be.

There have been ideas floated I believe on the grounds of probability that UEFA may allow both the filthy and Wolves to enter the Champions League at the early qualifying stages, because on the grounds of probability, where the season will most likely finish, both could easily have qualified for the Champions League

I think we've seen our last Premier League game played this season, the Coronavirus is escalating, clubs have players and there will be more of these, who have had to go into self isolation having developed symptoms after the proposed 2 week break. With clubs closing training grounds, which I think is utterly ridiculous and will increase the risk of players becoming infected teams will lose match fitness and sharpness regardless of whether or not they have individual training programs and that is another issue

I think all said and done, ending the season where it is now is the correct course of action, I don't think it is feasible to take a break and restart
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 14th March 2020 at 08:36 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What all this does show is how fragile our superficial world is

I'm sure in the depths of the amazon; Indigenous peoples are not worrying about all this .
    That’s a really good point.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!