Page 44 of 248 FirstFirst ... 343738394041424344454647484950515494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

On the football season myself i'm hoping it resumes in a couple months as i will be over there for my yearly family visit and although i watch all different leagues games throughout the season the atmosphere in the Pub or my Living room hasn't the same atmosphere

Not sure if anyone knows or even cares but Trump is coming under alot of flack over travel bans,Unfortunately it proves him right when as happened couple days ago where a women who tested positive boarded a plane and flew to her home in the US she has been arrested and subsequently been handed a lifetime ban on flying anywhere.It is selfish actions like this that is detrimental to innocent healthy people
    Last edited by fagin; 14th March 2020 at 10:08 PM.

Vaccines take a long time to approve owing largely to the possibility of toxicity. They may work on one patient and be fatal to another.
    Once approved then mass production and then world-wide deployment is the next problem. Pharmaceutical companies are not the best at being altruitious and often want big bucks. The immediate concern, as witnessed in Italy, is the shortage of medical staff and resources, e.g. special wards and ventilators to help the sick people, and the inevitability that some or many of such staff become ill themselves. Italy is also having problems with burying the dead (the implications of this must be horrendous) and the situation only appears to be getting much worse. Time for some joined-up thinking from our world leaders.
    When this kicks off in India and Africa they will need help from such people.
    Syria is off the news for the moment but Europe may soon have hundreds of thousands of migrants wandering across it uncontrolled.
    Their plight is grim.
    I think we are all in for for the long haul.
    Last edited by scientificred; 14th March 2020 at 10:10 PM. Reason: error in last line

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Vaccines take a long time to approve owing largely to the possibility of toxicity. They may work on one patient and be fatal to another.
    Once approved then mass production and then world-wide deployment is the next problem. Pharmaceutical companies are not the best at being altruitious and often want big bucks. The immediate concern, as witnessed in Italy, is the shortage of medical staff and resources, e.g. special wards and ventilators to help the sick people, and the inevitability that some or many of such staff become ill themselves. Italy is also having problems with burying the dead (the implications of this must be horrendous) and the situation only appears to be getting much worse. Time for some joined-up thinking from our world leaders.
    When this kicks off in India and Africa they will need help from such people.
    Syria is off the news for the moment but Europe may soon have hundreds of thousands of migrants wandering across it uncontrolled.
    Their plight is grim.
    I think we are all in for are in for the long haul.
    The Chinese are supposed to be sending medical staff and aid out to help other countries now that they feel they're on top of it there.Trump has requested a world leaders meeting to discuss actions needed by all so at least one good response to your suggestion there.
    I was telling my sister about the actions going on over here towards the virus but she in turn although you're 7 hours ahead of us timewise she told me it was not yet public there.I'd be hazarding a guess that that's because European news is more important to the majority which is understandable keeping an eye on your doorstep so to speak.
    Last edited by fagin; 14th March 2020 at 10:23 PM.

The same Chinese who have suppressed information till it got out. Wake up fagin for fuck sake

Quote Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
    The same Chinese who have suppressed information till it got out. Wake up fagin for fuck sake
    Hey i wasn't arguing with anybody i just reported the news that's all

Under Trumps plans as agreed between govt and some big businesses they're going to set up drive through testing across the US

Fagin all due respect but are you under 12 ?

None of the big pharmaceutical companies are Interested in developing a vaccine as they allegedly wouldn't make much money. I was surprised at that.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    None of the big pharmaceutical companies are Interested in developing a vaccine as they allegedly wouldn't make much money. I was surprised at that.
    What DID happen to the :rollseyes: gif? it would have been perfect at the end of your sentence in bold
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”