Page 45 of 248 FirstFirst ... 353839404142434445464748495051525595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    What DID happen to the :rollseyes: gif? it would have been perfect at the end of your sentence in bold
    I use mobile version so not sure how to add that.

The Chinese knew the disease was serious but they left it unchecked for weeks that's how its spread so quick to the rest of the world.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The Chinese knew the disease was serious but they left it unchecked for weeks that's how its spread so quick to the rest of the world.
    ....and silenced the Dr who told people about it and then bumped him off and said he died of the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    ....and silenced the Dr who told people about it and then bumped him off and said he died of the virus.
    Not dissimilar to what Blair and Bush did to David Kelly
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Most of the touted solutions assume it'll all blow over in a few months and hope we can just start again next season with business as usual.

(And assume nobody will eat bat soup or fuck a pangolin)

Meanwhile there are reports that coronavirus survivors can be reinfected and science says there won't be a vaccine in time for next season. And we're pinning our hopes on herd immunity. There's no guarantee there'll be a next season.
    How is Wuhan/ Hubei now... since 22 January once they hit 400 cases .

30 days after that the cases went from 400 at the 22 January to near 80 000 at 21 February.

Europe (italy) started with 400 cases 1 March so on the chinese data we should see Italy slow down with the lockdown method around 31 March and new cases flatten out.

Perhaps another 15 days needed after that.

Perhaps around the 14th April it could be safe to start playing again perhaps behind closed doors earlier.

It could be conceivable to restart mid April and finish 6 weeks later at the beginning of June.

I guess we have to sit this out and let the data and actual situation play out.
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I use mobile version so not sure how to add that.
    😜

Quote Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
    Fagin all due respect but are you under 12 ?
    Come on dont resort to the sarcasm shit
    And get personal.
    I thought this type of shit had stopped

There's talking the mick and taking the piss

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Here in Canada we are reportedly close to a vaccine for the virus.The US has already tried a type of vaccine with some success.
    All this is intriguing
    I read today conspiracy theories
    Like it was let out of a lab in china

Furthermore, these companies will make shit loads of money from it.

Like said; a modern warfare type situation.

The virus could kill thousands. And this is big business.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    All this is intriguing
    I read today conspiracy theories
    Like it was let out of a lab in china

Furthermore, these companies will make shit loads of money from it.

Like said; a modern warfare type situation.

The virus could kill thousands. And this is big business.
    If I had to don a tinfoil hat and cry conspiracy theory my money would absolutely be on the Coronavirus being man made in the US and deployed in an attempt to destroy the Chinese economy. A US pharma company likely already has a vaccine/cure and is waiting until the height of the pandemic to try and sell it to all affected nations for billions in profit.

Shares are plummeting because the minority in the know started selling theirs en masse before the market crashed to induce the panic in the market to make it crash and will buy the best on offer back at rock bottom and make billions again after the vaccine has been released and the pandemic has been arrested
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    If I had to don a tinfoil hat and cry conspiracy theory my money would absolutely be on the Coronavirus being man made in the US and deployed in an attempt to destroy the Chinese economy. A US pharma company likely already has a vaccine/cure and is waiting until the height of the pandemic to try and sell it to all affected nations for billions in profit.

Shares are plummeting because the minority in the know started selling theirs en masse before the market crashed to induce the panic in the market to make it crash and will buy the best on offer back at rock bottom and make billions again after the vaccine has been released and the pandemic has been arrested
    If you know anything about the stock markets,right now they are reflecting on Trumps actions around the virus as you probably saw there was an upturn directly after Trumps speech pledging 50 billion in aid.There will be another upsurge once he has announced his stimulus package which supposedly the markets are waiting on