Page 49 of 248 FirstFirst ... 394243444546474849505152535455565999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

In reference to Japan, I was thinking that myself in relation to the cleaning of buses,trains etc. It seems common sense to try and reduce the spread. It obviously wont get rid completely as it's mainly human to human transmission that's the main culprit but it would surely go someway to reduce it.
    Noodle is bang right about our fragmented society. Look at what it's like now with all these morons emptying shelves in shops. Imagine what itll be like if/when we go on a lockdown. It'll be like the walkers fighting over the living in the Walking dead. The total me,me,me attitude will take over,not one of community and helping one another out.

As for the season starting I just dont get the defeatist attitude. It was "business as usual" at 10pm Thursday night. The games were going ahead, then 11am friday they were off and by Saturday morning it was "I just cant see the season starting again". Let's just see where things are on 4th April. In all honesty it s probably going to be much worse but we dont know until we are there.
    Did anyone read what Neil Atkinson of the Anfield wrap said about Brady? He hammered her (no pun intended). Sky conveniently left it out when they quoted him though.
    Last edited by teesred; 15th March 2020 at 07:06 AM.

I've read various bits and pieces hammering Brady for her view. She's just looking after her own interests, which is exactly what I was saying in my earlier post. Sadly most people on this chunk of rock we call Earth are inherently selfish and only look out for themselves and their family or 'tribe' (whatever/whoever that may constitute). Until that changes things like this will keep causing humanity to simply regress back to life being about 'survival of the fitest' and to hell with everyone else.

Cases / deaths

China......80,000.......3,199
    Italy .........21,157 .....1,441
    Iran ..........12,729 ........611
    S. Korea .....8,162 ..........76
    Spain .........6,391 .........196
    Germany.....4,599 ............9
    France ........4,469 ..........91
    USA ............3,041 ..........60
    Switzerland 1,375 .........13
    UK ..............1,140 ..........21
    Norway ......1,111 ...........2
    Sweden .........961 ..........2
    Netherlands...959 ........12
    Denmark .....836............. 1
    Japan ..........804 ...........22
    Diamond ....696..............7

Looking at the china / s.korea
    Figures / cases seem to tail off after 2 or 3 weeks

Italy is crazy at the moment
    The pandemic epicenter now

You know what there's a crazy amount of?

Suicide. No vaccine for that either.

If people would stock up on "hello there!" and "just checking in, are you okay?" instead of loo roll, it's be really great.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    The reason Japan is 'focused' is because it is in their nature and their population are virtually 'as one'. In the likes of the UK society is extremely fragmented with individuals and 'groups' looking out for their own interests e.g. the current madness in terms of stockpiling, something that harms the most vulnerable in society.

However Japan is not perfect, though It's still the place I'd most like to visit. For example they have a poor record when it comes to how they view the mental health of its citizens, to the point where not only is it frowned upon/seen as a sign of weakness, but they offer little in the way of adequate treatment, to the point that those with mental health problems have to go abroad for treatment.
    I suspect the main reason that Japan is united is that their society is almost completely homogeneous with 98% of their citizens being ethnic Japanese.

I was lucky enough to visit in 2018 and I hope you get there one day Noods. Great people, food, scenery and history.

Russia seem to be very quiet during all this.

British government have announced plans to isolate the over 70s to shield them from the virus...

...now just step this way dear...

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Russia seem to be very quiet during all this.
    Don’t you mean the western media haven’t been going on about Russia? The bogeyman... the usual go to - blame it all on them nonsense that is hoovered up by so many want to be believers.

It isn’t really something Russia can be blamed for - although I am sure if there is an angle it will be used.