Page 52 of 248 FirstFirst ... 24245464748495051525354555657585962102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

I've actually had the disease, as it turns out. Today is day 12 for me in terms of symptoms. I had originally dismissed the idea as I presumed I was too early, but the symptoms were so severe and they matched, so I suspected it more and more as I went along. Then I spoke to a colleague who works in the NHS and she said the doctors and surgeons have been telling her it's two weeks ahead of the schedule outlined in the govt press release the other day. That means it widespread already.

Strangely though, I'm the only person I know who's had it. None of my contacts have thus far caught it from me - although carrying it is a possibility.

The cough was really intense and painful but the last few days have felt like I was having a heart attack, coming in waves in the evening, and since it has been easing today and yesterday, it just feels like waves of angina. I did think I could die of a heart attack overnight, but it seems less likely now. I'm 49 and in very good health.

The whole picture is looking quite surreal now. My opinion is that the economic effects of this shut down are potentially catastrophic and could lead to widespread civil unrest. My commitment is to act with peace towards others, no matter how selfishly they are behaving.

Best wishes to all of you on here. Be good to each other!
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

jeez, so sorry - and shocked - to hear all that. I wish you a full recovery very soon.

Holy fuck, Taks! That does not sounds like fun!

Let's hope the worst is behind you!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Get well soon Taksin hopefully you are over the worst of it.

Are we allowed to post on the same thread as Taskin ? 😂😂😂
    I must ask the experts on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Are we allowed to post on the same thread as Taskin ? ������
    I must ask the experts on Facebook.
    Any victories I have accrued in the bitter arguments held here for the last 12 months have been declared null and void. I blame the FA.

Thanks for the good wishes, guys, I'm on the mend hopefully. I wish I knew that made me immune from further infection, but the news is inconclusive on that front.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    What about Sky customers? They charge a bloody fortune and I'd be pissed off not having what I paid near £100 a month for.
    My packages Ran out and I noticed my bill had gone from 88 to 120.....when I phoned they said the next bill would be more like 160.......but I could renegotiate my discounts.

After an hour on the phone the next day I'd got them down to 110 and the geeza wouldn't budge......

So I though fuc u and cancelled...

Couple of days later someone phoned me from the cancellation team...

I've now been upgraded to two sky q boxes.....and Netflix no install and the cheeky fuckers said there had been price changes the day after I spoke to them and now my bill is 74 quid a month for 18 months....

Nowadays you have to fight for every fukin penny!

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Any victories I have accrued in the bitter arguments held here for the last 12 months have been declared null and void. I blame the FA.

Thanks for the good wishes, guys, I'm on the mend hopefully. I wish I knew that made me immune from further infection, but the news is inconclusive on that front.
    Good to hear mate.
    Out of curiosity, what age are you and are you a smoker ?

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    My packages Ran out and I noticed my bill had gone from 88 to 120.....when I phoned they said the next bill would be more like 160.......but I could renegotiate my discounts.

After an hour on the phone the next day I'd got them down to 110 and the geeza wouldn't budge......

So I though fuc u and cancelled...

Couple of days later someone phoned me from the cancellation team...

I've now been upgraded to two sky q boxes.....and Netflix no install and the cheeky fuckers said there had been price changes the day after I spoke to them and now my bill is 74 quid a month for 18 months....

Nowadays you have to fight for every fukin penny!
    They caught me out a few years ago after the "special offer deal " run out. I binned them for IPTV and have never looked back. The money I save gets me to at least 2 matches at Anfield a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I've actually had the disease, as it turns out. Today is day 12 for me in terms of symptoms. I had originally dismissed the idea as I presumed I was too early, but the symptoms were so severe and they matched, so I suspected it more and more as I went along. Then I spoke to a colleague who works in the NHS and she said the doctors and surgeons have been telling her it's two weeks ahead of the schedule outlined in the govt press release the other day. That means it widespread already.

Strangely though, I'm the only person I know who's had it. None of my contacts have thus far caught it from me - although carrying it is a possibility.

The cough was really intense and painful but the last few days have felt like I was having a heart attack, coming in waves in the evening, and since it has been easing today and yesterday, it just feels like waves of angina. I did think I could die of a heart attack overnight, but it seems less likely now. I'm 49 and in very good health.

The whole picture is looking quite surreal now. My opinion is that the economic effects of this shut down are potentially catastrophic and could lead to widespread civil unrest. My commitment is to act with peace towards others, no matter how selfishly they are behaving.

Best wishes to all of you on here. Be good to each other!
    That's the first time I've actually heard anyone describing what it feels like...it sounds like a scary experience....

I hope everything works out for you and your family mate...

Personally I'm not sending the kids to school from tomorrow.......What's the point? It's going to happen eventually.....and luckily I work from home.......