Page 55 of 248 FirstFirst ... 54548495051525354555657585960616265105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Was that time ... I know about ?
    Friggin Fulham ffs grr
    It was/is indeed. Sad eh.

Don't you mean FFS Skrtel?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    It was/is indeed. Sad eh.

Don't you mean FFS Skrtel?!?!?
    😭🤪🤣

We lost
    0-1
    Or
    0-2

Dempsey ?
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    😭🤪🤣

We lost
    0-1
    Or
    0-2

Dempsey ?
    A Skrtel OG.

I'm not sure why exactly the fuck people are prattling on about the season having to be abandoned and declared null and void as it was for WW2, in that season the teams had only played 3 fucking games the morons, big fucking difference

The first world war started in the summer, so the league was cancelled for a few seasons, but no games were even played

There are only 2 precedents in recent history for League's being completed to the stage ours has been, being suspended and unable to be resumed, in both cases the leaders, by far lesser margins than our lead is, were awarded the title

The leaders of Chile's top division were awarded the title last season when it was suspended and unable to resume due to civil unrest

And UEFA intervened and awarded Partizan the 1998-1999 Yugolsavian First League title after it had been suspended with only 24 of 34 games played because of NATO bombing of the former Yugolslavia
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I've actually had the disease, as it turns out. Today is day 12 for me in terms of symptoms. I had originally dismissed the idea as I presumed I was too early, but the symptoms were so severe and they matched, so I suspected it more and more as I went along. Then I spoke to a colleague who works in the NHS and she said the doctors and surgeons have been telling her it's two weeks ahead of the schedule outlined in the govt press release the other day. That means it widespread already.

Strangely though, I'm the only person I know who's had it. None of my contacts have thus far caught it from me - although carrying it is a possibility.

The cough was really intense and painful but the last few days have felt like I was having a heart attack, coming in waves in the evening, and since it has been easing today and yesterday, it just feels like waves of angina. I did think I could die of a heart attack overnight, but it seems less likely now. I'm 49 and in very good health.

The whole picture is looking quite surreal now. My opinion is that the economic effects of this shut down are potentially catastrophic and could lead to widespread civil unrest. My commitment is to act with peace towards others, no matter how selfishly they are behaving.

Best wishes to all of you on here. Be good to each other!

Got to be honest I'm bricking it worrying(I do it very well) about my 71 year old mother....She has heart failure(recently diagnosed) and Rheumatoid arthritis,she's suffered for over 35 years with it......Hope you're on the mend Tak....

i still think Nineteenx name is a curse!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Yep Tak
    And Marty

And Everyone to your family and friends
    Wash hands
    Get rice paste tinned food and toilet rolls
    Stay at home
    Keep 1m+ away
    Stop touching your face; eyes nose mouth

And ynwa

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    A Skrtel OG.
    Awful game

Doni
    Sebastián Coates
    Martin Kelly
    Martin Škrtel
    Fabio Aurelio
    Jordan Henderson
    Maxi Rodriguez
    Jonjo Shelvey
    Jay Spearing
    Dirk Kuyt
    Andy Carroll

No carragher or Gerrard / suarez saved dir fac final I guess

Can you name 11
    Liverpool / Fulham players played for both clubs in premier league era (1 a premier league player but played for both outside prem period)

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    i still think Nineteenx name is a curse!
    LOL that sounds like too much superstition to me, if someone had the Username of SevenX you'd be saying that was curse because we got knocked out by Atletico, when the truth is that loss over the 2 legs was of our own making

I think we definitely can finish the Premier League fixture 'IF' all teams want to and commit to strict protocols and isolation from the outside world except their families and the teams they play for and against. The problem is, there are a few teams I think would prefer no further games to be played

Looking at the precedents I've mentioned, I think it's most likely that in the event no further games were played, the FA would follow the precedent that happened last season in Chile

Top four as it is now with us crowned Champions, no relegation, Leeds and West Brom promoted, that mirrors what happened in Chile

I really want the league to be finished if at all possible though, I don't think games will commence at the start of April, too much full isolation with no training going on, teams would need a further 2 weeks after that to be training and getting fully match fit again

This is the full list of infected players, the only reason we could have more cases than Spain is players not having taken necessary precautions imo

Daniele Rugani, Juventus

Manolo Gabbiadini, Sampdoria

Omar Colley, Sampdoria

Albin Ekdal, Sampdoria

Antonio La Gumina, Sampdoria

Morten Thorsby, Sampdoria

Fabio Depaoli, Sampdoria

German Pezzella, Fiorentina

Patrick Cutrone, Fiorentina

Dusan Vlahovic, Fiorentina

Callum Hudson-Odoi, Chelsea

Mikel Arteta, Arsenal

Luca Kilian, Paderborn

Timo Hubers, Hannover

Hyun-Jun Suk, Troyes

Ezequiel Garay, Valencia
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

One supposes now players monitored x2 a day , self isolating for 10 to 15 days to see if any come up with symptoms.

Then under strict conditions all come together to resume training

A bit like Ighalo when he first signed.

Depending what the situation is by start of April.

They surely cannot take a decision now to finish the league / void it or whatever.

Gate receipts / revenue / tv contracts / sponsors / corporate etc
    £2m a home game gate receipts

The season finished normally 17 May
    9/10 games left

9 league games possible in April
    (4 scheduled)

5 league games in May ( 3 scheduled)

Potentially

Another 4 in may
    Another 8 in june

26 games could potentially be played in April May June

A game every 3.5 days