Page 60 of 248 FirstFirst ... 105053545556575859606162636465666770110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I was wondering from a preventing deaths point of view, if older people having a pneumonia jab would prevent them developing it as the Coronavirus infection progressed
    I remember a doctor on tv saying it weeks ago, it prompted me to call my mum to check if she had had it. Haven't heard anything since from any 'expert' though.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    I remember a doctor on tv saying it weeks ago, it prompted me to call my mum to check if she had had it. Haven't heard anything since from any 'expert' though.
    Still really good that my old man's health centre think it could potentially help and called him to ask him to come in for a jab, I was really pleasantly surprised, they're not exactly known for being proactive
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yep, anything that could possibly help is much needed right now.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I was wondering from a preventing deaths point of view, if older people having a pneumonia jab would prevent them developing it as the Coronavirus infection progressed
    Not sure mate. You could ring the NHS helpline and ask, maybe they will know.
    You would think it should be of some help against it. Some supermarkets are having specific open times for the elderly to get their shopping.
    I've just been to a Tesco and the tinned and dry food shelves are bare, typical of the stupid mentality of average Joe's in the UK. we haven't even gone into lockdown yet.

The way things are escalating now, This is gonna be a long haul. Feck knows whats going to happen next.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Not sure mate. You could ring the NHS helpline and ask, maybe they will know.
    You would think it should be of some help against it. Some supermarkets are having specific open times for the elderly to get their shopping.
    I've just been to a Tesco and the tinned and dry food shelves are bare, typical of the stupid mentality of average Joe's in the UK. we haven't even gone into lockdown yet.
    Yeah typical Joe public is an asshole My old man's stubborn as fuck too, I help him with his shopping every Sunday, keep trying to keep him away from everything, told him I'd go and do his shopping without him, but he wouldn't have it and insisted on going, then he's stood in a rammed supermarket queuing for 40 minutes because of idiots stockpiling and he's an idiot himself for insisting on going and he'll be the same this weekend too, he's that generation you can't tell anything.

I was surprised he went straight to the Doctor's today and had the pneumonia jab, normally you can't get him anywhere near a Doctors even if he's really ill, my Mum makes an appointment for him, then pretends it's for her to get him there normally
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 16th March 2020 at 10:10 PM.

If anyone is interested in hearing about the tests being performed in the US Dr Fauci talks about it at 41mins of the Press conference today

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    If anyone is interested in hearing about the tests being performed in the US Dr Fauci talks about it at 41mins of the Press conference today
    Post a link and stop being lazy

Post a link and stop being lazy
    I don't know how to......for the time it would probably take me to look up how to etc etc i don't think the time would be worthwhile
    Last edited by fagin; 16th March 2020 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    I don't know how to......for the time it would probably take me to look up how to etc etc i don't think the time would be worthwhile
    If you want to post a link you just have to paste it, in full, between [url] with /url bracketed the same at the end

If you want to post a youtube you have to copy the part of the address past the = sign as in bold shown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOGAJKQwZY0

Then copy and paste that part of the address between

[yt] with /yt bracketed the same at the end
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 16th March 2020 at 10:52 PM.