Page 67 of 248 FirstFirst ... 175760616263646566676869707172737477117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

"...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    1500 day of those that are hospitalised. They aren't testing the general population, especially people that are displaying symptoms. The numbers of cases we are seeing is limited there are probably 100's more that are infected and that are spreading the virus.
    It is almost certain that this is the case sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    In the UK, I believe the NHS is going to contact people who are "at risk", before this coming weekend. They are going to be advised or told to self-isolate.
    Apologies if this already been posted on here, I haven't seen it mentioned.
    That's true, my great nephew and his mother are both severe, and I do mean severe asthma sufferers and they have both been told to self isolate for 12 weeks, his mothers partner has to join them in self isolation and work from home, my nephew, also a severe asthma sufferer has also been told to self isolate for 12 weeks

I've no idea where the parents get the asthma from, there's otherwise no history of it in our entirely family on either side, my poor great nephew has suffered with chronic asthma and attacks that have hospitalised him all his life, maybe, don't breed with another severe asthma sufferer is the underlying message
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

They have cancelled the euros. If Uefa decide on no European football next season as well. and this league doesn't get resolved with in say the next 3 months. It will come to the point where the likes of Leicester will accept theres no European football and wont protest.The rest of the league will be null and voided. we wont get the title and leeds and west-brown wont get promoted.
    The mass will have their say and we will be denied (in my opinion>
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

At least they've cancelled the Euros until summer 2021 now and are saying we must use that time to conclude all current seasons and competitions if at all possible. I hope that's possible, footballers live in a relative bubble away from general society for the most part anyway, so getting a clean bill of health among all players and necessary staff should be achievable to seasons across the globe can be concluded behind closed doors will likely to be able to be done.

The main issue with that is fixtures in European competitions, I think travelling of that nature should be avoided and it is probably best those competitions are cancelled. I've seem some bizarre suggestions by UEFA of how they might conclude them that deviate severely from the usual format of the competitions, if they can't finish the competitions in their proper formats, they should cancel them, otherwise any team winning them hasn't truly won the competition and the competition has been hugely devalued

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    They have cancelled the euros. If Uefa decide on no European football next season as well. and this league doesn't get resolved with in say the next 3 months. It will come to the point where the likes of Leicester will accept theres no European football and wont protest.The rest of the league will be null and voided. we wont get the title and leeds and west-brown wont get promoted.
    The mass will have their say and we will be denied (in my opinion>
    Given the precedents for a situation such as ours and that of Leeds and West Brom and the relegation threatened sides I don't see any eventuality other than our being awarded the title, no relegation and Leeds and West Brom being promoted, it's the only viable and honest option that isn't a legal minefield for the Premier League

As for Leicester and Chelsea, UEFA running a scaled down version of the Champions and Europa League next season could possibly be on the cards, so we might be back in a position in which only our top 2 sides qualify for the Champions League

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Given the precedents for a situation such as ours and that of Leeds and West Brom and the relegation threatened sides I don't see any eventuality other than our being awarded the title, no relegation and Leeds and West Brom being promoted, it's the only viable and honest option that isn't a legal minefield for the Premier League

As for Leicester and Chelsea, UEFA running a scaled down version of the Champions and Europa League next season could possibly be on the cards, so we might be back in a position in which only our top 2 sides qualify for the Champions League
    Are you saying there will be 22 teams in the premier league next season ?
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Probably concerning future European competition;

Perhaps clubs can play each other if strict health checks are made.

And certificates of good health are given to the clubs and an all clear to play.

So whoever has that certificate can play in Europe if qualified.

Same domestically. Clubs self isolating for now. Maybe in 30 days go again . To get some sort of distraction away from coronavirus.

Behind closed doors. But of course on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    and will Boris get Brexit done by 31st Fecember 2020 ? and his trade deals ?
    Depends when and if that new month gets validated into the calendar year
    🤣

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    South Korea seem to have some grip on it and its probably due to them testing 20k people a day. The UK are testing 1500 a day.
    Friends in a s.korea

Many were tested
    Measures were taken seriously
    And masks given out under year of birth
    So if you were born in 1988 ; the digit 8 ; you come and collect your mask on a Wednesday