Page 68 of 248 FirstFirst ... 185861626364656667686970717273747578118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Are you saying there will be 22 teams in the premier league next season ?
    That is the plan of the Premier League's proposed plans/solutions i've seen most widely reported, it is accompanied by a plan to scrap the league cup for next season to account for the additional 4 games.

If we don't play anymore football this season, I personally believe it's the fairest plan all round following the only 2 precedents in which League campaigns have been played as far as all current ones have and have not been able to be completed

I think, with so many people stuck at home, if football and other sports can put strict protocols in place so that they can retain clean bills of health and an agreement is reached to allow more games to be televised with games being played behind closed doors, at least they can provide some much needed stimulus and entertainment for all those stuck indoors

I watched a psychologist report about sports last night in which the psychologist laid out sports being a big factor and the go to place for millions of people to escape stress and worry (although he did mention something about "As long as Lovren isn't playing CB") so if sports people can get and keep a clean bill of health, it would likely be of great benefit to wider society
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Respect your fuckin' elders folks!..........

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I don't suppose there were laws in the game for something like this happening as it's not happened before, so whatever they decide, some clubs will be disappointed. Glad it's them deciding things and not me.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I don't suppose there were laws in the game for something like this happening as it's not happened before, so whatever they decide, some clubs will be disappointed. Glad it's them deciding things and not me.
    The only thing there are is precedents of when it has happened before with so many games of League season's having been played.

There are only two precedents that the Premier League UEFA and other leagues could use

1998-1999 season in which Partizan were awarded the title by UEFA when 24 of 34 games had been played (Yugoslav 1st Division)

2019-2020 season in which Universidad Católica were awarded the title when 24 of 30 games had been played (Chilean Primera division)

Edit: Universidad Católica were in the exact same position as we find ourselves, needing just 2 more wins to secure the title with just over 3 quarters of their season having been played
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 17th March 2020 at 06:04 PM.

A point to be made;

The sweeping statements and fake news really won't help the situation.

So if you don't know or haven't made deep research...

Then simple SHUT UP

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    A point to be made;

The sweeping statements and fake news really won't help the situation.

So if you don't know or haven't made deep research...

Then simple SHUT UP
    Who are you talking to Dicko?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The only thing there are is precedents of when it has happened before with so many games of League season's having been played.

There are only two precedents that the Premier League UEFA and other leagues could use

1998-1999 season in which Partizan were awarded the title by UEFA when 24 of 34 games had been played (Yugoslav 1st Division)

2019-2020 season in which Universidad Católica were awarded the title when 24 of 30 games had been played (Chilean Primera division)
    That bodes well for us then.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Respect your fuckin' elders folks!..........

I hope her mum isnt watching
    They'd have her wash her mouth out with soap
    Dont forget to wash your hands

<iframe width="400" height="500" frameborder="0" src="https://www.bbc.com/news/av/embed/p084zgch/51913316"></iframe>

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Who are you talking to Dicko?
    Everyone... but no one in particular

Football ok .

But politics health safety ... educate yourself first from both sides of the fence

Before making a sweeping statement