Page 7 of 248 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

I should be okay. As soon as the virus gets anywhere near me it will think "Sod that for a game of soldiers! If anyone thinks I'm going anywhere near that they've got another think coming. Who knows what I'll contract!".

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    A55ange is fooked, show trial begun and not one of the politicians who should have his back will turn up for him. Trump, Bernie & Corbyn the 3 you might expect to do so something but they just take the benefits and leave him hanging. Disturbing.
    They all die in jail mate - they never get to speak again...

They could play games behind closed doors with all Premier League games screened live, it’s not rocket science, the precedent has been set in the Champions League.

Despite the ban on handshakes players will still be allowed to celebrate goals in the usual intimate way.

I hope I'm not tempting fate but I don't for a second believe that the season will be cut short. Does anyone really believe that the Premier League and the Champions League - two enormous money-making machines - are going to that? Maybe matches will be played in empty stadiums - which would be weird - but there's no way on earth, the guys in the FA or UEFA are going to take a financial hit with the TV money. The game is about money nowadays, has been for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Despite the ban on handshakes players will still be allowed to celebrate goals in the usual intimate way.
    19x likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    19x likes this.
    It can be transferred via bodily fluids so all bumming is off until the all clear sounds.
    Last edited by teesred; 29th February 2020 at 01:45 PM.

I reckon there's every chance it gets cancelled if theres a significant outbreak in the uk.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I reckon there's every chance it gets cancelled if theres a significant outbreak in the uk.
    5 serie A games called off. Rescheduled for may 13.
    If anything does get called off they'll be rescheduled like that, doubt they can just cancel it completely. Hopefully Utd beat City next week and we keep winning. 4 more wins as it stands. 3 if City are beaten by Utd.