Page 72 of 248 FirstFirst ... 226265666768697071727374757677787982122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    that's how I feel

I saw your post earlier. Did you get tested to know that you had it? I think I'm a couple of years younger than you. In general good health but one underlying inherited issue. Your experience sounds like it would end me.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Probably sound mad to you guys but I honestly could not give a fuck about the football. Yes, I want the league. There are bigger things going on.
    Think this is where i'm at to be honest.

I have a lot more stuff to be concerned with over the next few months.

In any case, I think whatever decesion is made on the season, it will have been spoiled to some extent. Nobody is going to remember us winning the league in 2020 after all of this.

I'd be inclined to just 'fuck it'. Write this season off/void it or whatever and we'll just go and win it next season.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Probably sound mad to you guys but I honestly could not give a fuck about the football. Yes, I want the league. There are bigger things going on.
    That doesn't sound mad to me at all.

I want the league because we deserve it, but I don't see any need for a presentation, and an open top bus tour around the city is completely out of the question. In short, it will be a big anti-climax to what should have been one of our proudest moments.

Certainly more important things than football at the moment.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Agree with above posts. Still care about is getting the title by hook pr by crook but I'm starting to worry about this now. I'm not worried about catching it or my children as I believe we'll fight it off and it may be the best to get it now rather than later.
    I'm just worried about the effect it has on life in general, I don't know anyone who's had this yet but it wont be long and its undoubtedly going to have some form of impact in terms of jobs,homes etc..
    Having 3 young kids on lockdown is not something I'm looking forward to either.

Would love us to actually win the league rather than it be handed to us, but like many of you have said there are far bigger concerns.

My family unit have gone into isolation as one of my twin boys born last Feb has only half a working heart and is extremely vulnerable having had multiple surgeries, and dread to think what would happen if he caught it.

It's interesting at the moment as we're seeing the best and worst of society; plenty of people in my town trying to help the elderly with food deliveries etc, on the other hand thieves used the lack of police presence around to try to steal my neighbour's car last night.
    You are essentially an oxygen thief.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree with above posts. Still care about is getting the title by hook pr by crook but I'm starting to worry about this now. I'm not worried about catching it or my children as I believe we'll fight it off and it may be the best to get it now rather than later.
    I'm just worried about the effect it has on life in general, I don't know anyone who's had this yet but it wont be long and its undoubtedly going to have some form of impact in terms of jobs,homes etc..
    Having 3 young kids on lockdown is not something I'm looking forward to either.
    Buy some board games and some cards, make them go old school

My youngest great nephew has been a treat, reminds me of years gone by, happy inventing his own entertainment, playing with tubs of water and throwing things in it etc, then my nephew gets him a nintendo switch and wrecks it all
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Buy some board games and some cards, make them go old school

My youngest great nephew has been a treat, reminds me of years gone by, happy inventing his own entertainment, playing with tubs of water and throwing things in it etc, then my nephew gets him a nintendo switch and wrecks it all
    Good idea on games,plenty of reading too. They'll be doing school work when at my house.
    They're going to get a shock when their phones are in lockdown from 9-3.
    Disney+ starts next week so my 2 boys will be able to use that but I plan to get them cooking,baking and keeping their rooms tidy and clean. My daughter will have tik tok withdrawal lolz.
    Victorian dad is in full effect.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Would love us to actually win the league rather than it be handed to us, but like many of you have said there are far bigger concerns.

My family unit have gone into isolation as one of my twin boys born last Feb has only half a working heart and is extremely vulnerable having had multiple surgeries, and dread to think what would happen if he caught it.

It's interesting at the moment as we're seeing the best and worst of society; plenty of people in my town trying to help the elderly with food deliveries etc, on the other hand thieves used the lack of police presence around to try to steal my neighbour's car last night.
    God that's worrying. Hope you are all safe and well.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Good idea on games,plenty of reading too. They'll be doing school work when at my house.
    They're going to get a shock when their phones are in lockdown from 9-3.
    Disney+ starts next week so my 2 boys will be able to use that but I plan to get them cooking,baking and keeping their rooms tidy and clean. My daughter will have tik tok withdrawal lolz.
    Victorian dad is in full effect.
    Yeeeeaaaaaah good man I always remember my father telling us every year "All's I used to get for Christmas were an apple an orange and a bag of nuts" The Fast Show 'it's all bloody rubbish' sketch always used to remind me of him, the bit where he says "All's I'd give em were a bit of string"

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post

Somebody held up and robbed and supermarket delivery driver round here the other day