Page 73 of 248 FirstFirst ... 236366676869707172737475767778798083123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I certainly dont see how it gets finished in the regulation way. They will most certainly be behind closed doors if they are played at all.
    Might get a few games played and the virus might spike again which leads to another shut down.
    BBC reported yesterday that this might be how things go. Stop start to beat the virus as the public will not be shut down for a prolonged spell before you hit problems like unrest where there are simply not enough cops to cope.
    Basically all the things this horrod govt have cut over the years with their austerity could come back to bite them very hard.
    The one saving grace (I hope) is in the theory that children are seem to be going unaffected or very little anyway and theres a theory that they may not even be playing a part in spreading it. Its ignorant stupid adults not adhering to guidelines.
    Wash hands

Social distancing (maybe now understand why our grandparents were not so cuddling)

Good organisation for food and rolls.

Its difficult not to panic... but we do.

Lockdown is tough. In france now you must get an authorized paper to go out. If not you will get fined. Even to the supermarket or pharmacy.

Some towns in italy , the epicenter, are blocked. No people in or out. Practically no food in the town. (Lombardy area 50,000 in the town)

We shall see more the army coming in to organise things.

God knows where this will go.

Life as we knew it , freedom of movement.
    Will be stopped for probably a year.

Vaccine maybe ready in the autumn ; according to

- european Commission Chief Ursula von der Leyen is optimistic that a coronavirus vaccine will hit markets ‘before autumn’.
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/18/desperate-travellers-stuck-12418926/?ito=amp-newsfeed

"Taking back control of our borders"

The thing is the virus doesn't have a passport...

Some people are panic buying and making life difficult for others.
    I would introduce rationing.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/18/desperate-travellers-stuck-12418926/?ito=amp-newsfeed

"Taking back control of our borders"

The thing is the virus doesn't have a passport...
    It was always a load of bollocks aimed at thick bastards anyway, more non EU illegal immigrants were coming into the UK under the Tories because of their austerity cuts to border force services, about 5 times more and leaving the EU was never going to change that.

Only electing a Government that was going to get back the 300 billion plus lost to privatisation, tax evasion and tax avoidance each year and invest that into all our public services was ever going to change that - thick bastards just vote based on what the media tell them and soundbites for idiots, if they actually bothered to look for what they weren't being told, which isn't at all hard or time consuming and had even half a working brain they'd have known that.

I hate the stupid bastards to be honest, twats that read rags owned by billionaires who have been telling them to vote themselves and everybody else poorer so those owners can hugely increase their already considerable fortunes for 40 fucking years who can't see past the end of their noses piss me right off. They are just utterly gormless and brainless
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It's the people in Wales I fear for most

This is your typical embarrassing Brit abroad when the father's asking for directions

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It was always a load of bollocks aimed at thick bastards anyway, more non EU illegal immigrants were coming into the UK under the Tories because of their austerity cuts to border force services, about 5 times more and leaving the EU was never going to change that.

Only electing a Government that was going to get back the 300 billion plus lost to privatisation, tax evasion and tax avoidance each year and invest that into all our public services was ever going to change that - thick bastards just vote based on what the media tell them and soundbites for idiots, if they actually bothered to look for what they weren't being told, which isn't at all hard or time consuming and had even half a working brain they'd have known that.

I hate the stupid bastards to be honest, twats that read rags owned by billionaires who have been telling them to vote themselves and everybody else poorer so those owners can hugely increase their already considerable fortunes for 40 fucking years who can't see past the end of their noses piss me right off. They are just utterly gormless and brainless
    The more you open your mouth
    The more I think you are 100% right 👍
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

This is your typical embarrassing Brit abroad when the father's asking for directions

Never seen this before
    Thanks for sharing
    Embarrassingly true

It's the people in Wales I fear for most

Ahaha

Now the schools are closed are teachers still on full pay ?