Page 76 of 248 FirstFirst ... 266669707172737475767778798081828386126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm not sure takeaway is such a danger, your only risk there seems to be if someone who has the virus is working there and has come into contact with any of the packaging or you handling money then eating it with your hands, but in theory, any single thing you buy or touch at any shop or supermarket could potentially have been touched by someone with the virus at the supermarket or where it originally came from or another shopper
    Itk are suggesting to wash the packaging; certain surfaces can hold the droplets from 24 hours +

Copper is one of the best surfaces; the virus only lasts a few hours
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Open the parcel, then thoroughly wash your hands, then wait three days to open whatever's in it as I think it is 3 days the virus can survive on surfaces, but you'd have to check that, if that's right you should be quite safe
    Depends on surfaces

The virus lives longest on plastic and steel, surviving for up to 72 hours. But the amount of viable virus decreases sharply over this time.

It also does poorly on copper, surviving four hours.

On cardboard, it survives up to 24 hours, which suggests packages that arrive in the mail should have only low levels of the virus

— unless the delivery person has coughed or sneezed on it or has handled it with contaminated hands.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Itk are suggesting to wash the packaging; certain surfaces can hold the droplets from 24 hours +

Copper is one of the best surfaces; the virus only lasts a few hours
    I read in a few places the droplets/virus could survive on some surfaces for up to 3 days

I help my old man with his shopping on a Sunday morning, when I get back I wash my hands really thoroughly, put everything away including all the bags (he doesn't use anything we buy or have contact with it within 3 days of us buying it) then wash my hands really thoroughly again, I figure that's a safe as i can possibly be. I make him do the same
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Why are you withdrawn / recluse ?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Why are you withdrawn / recluse ?
    It's a very long story of numerous society and people within it having the incredible potential to act like complete and utter cxxx's related traumas.

From a very young age I was at odds with society, I could see where it was heading and people's behaviour changing within it and becoming increasingly self centred and worse and to quote John Coffey "it was like glass in my eyes every day" and I really had a severe aversion to it

So I ended up working for bands doing live shows for 15 years, it's a bit like footballers, you have very limited interactions with general society, every time I tried to do something in normal society, it ended up with a trauma through people being cxxxs because through all forms of media they've been educated that behaving as a lot of them do is ok, when it absolutely isn't

I do have some inherited disorders, I also, according to dialogue I had via email with a leading professor in the field, most likely have acquired left side savant syndrome, following a severe right side head trauma, after which I quickly became aware of having a high level of ability to do things I hadn't had before and increased ability in some things I was already pretty good at that related to left side brain function

That made it even harder - after all the traumas and having been left with PTSD after a prolonged one that went on for several years where I worked in Manc, let's just say, it makes it's a lot safer for all concerned that I avoid general society

The dialogue with the acquired savants guy was incredibly interesting, it's not like crazy off the scale savants, it's heightened ability. We were discussing the degrees of acquired savants and whether or not they were dependent on the amount of damage to the other side of the brain and whether or not it were possible to develop heightened abilities in both sides of the brain depending on the severity of the damage and area of the damage. He was adamant all those things applied as it's entirely logical.

It's pretty straight forward what it is, if you suffer a severe head trauma, that damages one side of your brain, the other side can compensate, people who develop incredible off the scale abilities from acquired savants they didn't previously have, the exceptional cases that people pay a lot of attention to, are people who have suffered massive trauma to one side of the brain, weirdly, it's almost always the left side they seem to damage

The Premier League is expected to reiterate its commitment to completing the season in Thursday's emergency board meeting held via conference call.

Coronavirus: Premier League set to push to complete the season - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51954580

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Theres lots of crap on Facebook about a military lockdown from Friday. I'm presuming the Spain and Italy lockdown situations allow for people to go out for food and pharmacy runs?
    Mate of mine in Ibiza got stopped by the Guardia because he didn't drive straight home....hes now waiting for his fine to arrive......

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    475 people died in one day, today in Italy. this is getting seriously bad now.
    No new cases in China for the first time....Amazing how we seem to hear so little about what's going on in China now...

I have so little respect for the media........

No GCSE exams this year,my daughter is delighted . Us not so much considering the money we've spent on tudors and she would no doubt done better than the predicted grades she'll be given.