Page 77 of 248 FirstFirst ... 276770717273747576777879808182838487127177 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    No GCSE exams this year,my daughter is delighted . Us not so much considering the money we've spent on tudors and she would no doubt done better than the predicted grades she'll be given.
    Is she any good with the auld grout lad?
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Depends on surfaces

The virus lives longest on plastic and steel, surviving for up to 72 hours. But the amount of viable virus decreases sharply over this time.

It also does poorly on copper, surviving four hours.

On cardboard, it survives up to 24 hours, which suggests packages that arrive in the mail should have only low levels of the virus

— unless the delivery person has coughed or sneezed on it or has handled it with contaminated hands.
    I know there's all different types of plastic but plenty of people wear plastic - waterproof coats, fleeces and the like - I haven't heard anyone dare say how long it lasts on clothes, perhaps because we've been told to cough into the elbow.

I've just been out shopping, pavements aren't designed for keeping a safe distance let alone supermarkets, a woman with a hacking cough in one aisle sent shoppers scattering and as I made my escape back home I noticed how many things I touched on the way to the sink to wash my hands - keys, three doorhandles, my shoes, my rucksack full of shopping, coat, mobile phone... If I haven't got it I'll be more careful next time!

Anyway, China reporting no new virus cases...

Smells like bullshit to me. They are trying to change the narrative now and it's up to the rest of us to put massive pressure on them now to change their ways. We've had a number of viruses come out of the same part of the world, all related to their wet markets and ways they treat endangered animals. The results are catastrophic, our economies are going to be in the toilet, and no PC tipping around the subject is going to change things. I think Trump is bang on the money calling it the Chinese Virus. It's got nothing to do with xenophobia and everything to do with pinpointing what government has allowed this whole shit show to happen.

We should all be a whole lot more pissed off about this than our medias are portraying.

And if we need a history lesson lets look.at SARS from Wikipedia:

'In late May 2003, studies from samples of wild animals sold as food in the local market in Guangdong, China, found a strain of SARS coronavirus could be isolated from masked palm civets (Paguma sp.), but the animals did not always show clinical signs. The preliminary conclusion was the SARS virus crossed the xenographic barrier from palm civet to humans, and more than 10,000 masked palm civets were killed in Guangdong Province. The virus was also later found in raccoon dogs (Nyctereuteus sp.), ferret badgers (Melogale spp.), and domestic cats. In 2005, two studies identified a number of SARS-like coronaviruses in Chinese bats.[14][15] Phylogenetic analysis of these viruses indicated a high probability that SARS coronavirus originated in bats and spread to humans either directly or through animals held in Chinese markets'.

Ring a bell?

Mr Trump..... you have my full permission to nuke their ass!

English football will be suspended until at least 30 April because of the continued spread of coronavirus.

The Football Association has also agreed that the current season can be "extended indefinitely" beyond the original end date of 1 June.

I'm surprised everyone seems to take the figures from China as gospel anyway. Since when did we start believing anything they were saying?
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    The Football Association has also agreed that the current season can be "extended indefinitely" beyond the original end date of 1 June.
    I think they're starting to realise that if they don't conclude this season no matter what, they're royally screwed if it breaks out again next season.

I'd expect them to draft up some new rules once we've got through this season though.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    No new cases in China for the first time....Amazing how we seem to hear so little about what's going on in China now...

I have so little respect for the media........
    The video we saw here (I think) about coronavirus in china the graph where it totally flattens out in China.

The itk in the video reckons it is not reliable information.
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

The problem is that over 90% of our household goods and clothes are made in china... so good luck with that.

We have used China; cheap labour , pollution in their part of the world.

They have used us. There is a book "when china rises" anyone read it?