Page 79 of 248 FirstFirst ... 296972737475767778798081828384858689129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    No new cases in China for the first time....Amazing how we seem to hear so little about what's going on in China now...

I have so little respect for the media........
    Very little news from Russia, also.

I feel sorry for the Chinese people. when we get Chinese Curries. the people who serve us or deliver. They are the most polite and respectful people I have come across.At least the Chinese government has got a hold of this disease and less people are dying.
    Should have done It weeks earlier mind.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Communism has also knocked the spirituality out of the culture so they are more prone to extreme materialism too, which causes greed, obsession with status and lack of care for others.
    All peoples seem to reach for communism when they have suffered economically, especially from corruption and subjugation as the Chinese did. But it always, without fail, ends in misery.

Oddly, China has lifted more people out of poverty since embracing ‘capitalism’ than has happened at any other time in history, but they still have the mind control and lack of freedom of communist rule. I’ve spent a fair amount of time there and it is a heavy and oppressive place to live.
    Its a place I'd love to visit as is Russia but I wouldn't because of the oppressiveness you mention.
    Were you working or travelling?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Very little news from Russia, also.
    Russia is completely silent on this matter though I have seem some videos of a massive cover up - perhaps this was fake news I was watching.
    On a football front I cannot see how the present finacial setup can continue.
    Players on current contracts may be safe but what about new contracts for existing players and those of new signings ? What about their sponsors ? What about the TV deals and international competitions ?
    Business involvement in football (let alone other matters) never saw this coming but now it has happened it will surely be written into every contract for at least the next 50 years and probably forever.
    Against this background is also Brexit and its limitation of foreign players.

This is from 'The Independent'
    "Virgin Media is experiencing issues with some of its services, according to customer reports.

The outage comes just one day after major phone networks went down across the UK.

Hundreds of reports were tracked by the website DownDetector, which monitors the status of websites, apps and online services. The reason for the issues with Virgin Media are not immediately clear. "

I hope this isn't the shape of things to come.
    I am not sure of the status of the traditional analogue transmission service. Is it possible to resurrect it if necessary ?

There's a video on the BBC website showing Russia knocking up a corona hospital in a few days China style.

The Russians interviewed seemed uninformed.

Apparently Russia got some cases and shut down their land borders promptly.

Big discrepancy in cases by country, 400 in Portugal, while next door 4000 in Spain.

Italy now have more deaths than China

Imagine how bad it's gonna be when it kicks in in Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Imagine how bad it's gonna be when it kicks in in Africa.
    Might not spread as bad due to the heat?

I was reading how South Korea traced and tracked it from a group of tourists. Absolutely amazing, if every country could gave been as responsive it would have been nipped in the bud.