Page 8 of 248 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Think we're a long way from the PL season getting cancelled. We'll wrap it up before then anyway.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Hopefully. Its important now to keep winning. Agree with tees too. Cancelled wrong word. They'd have to postpone it.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Think we're a long way from the PL season getting cancelled. We'll wrap it up before then anyway.
    Agree on both points. There are far more intimate gatherings than football that would also need to be ruled out (concerts, theatre, eating out, clubs and pubs, public transport, going to work etc). I can understand European and international games maybe being postponed or played behind closed doors, but domestically I don’t see it.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

It's a load of hysterical nonsense anyway, on the news yesterday some bod was making the point that in our worst winters as many as 10,000 people die from flu
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's a load of hysterical nonsense anyway, on the news yesterday some bod was making the point that in our worst winters as many as 10,000 people die from flu
    I read that. Its difficult to know what to believe nowadays. The Brexit debacle showed that all the news agencies in this country are totally untrustworthy. I never used to believe conspiracy theories but you just dont know
    Have you seen/read the theory about the Dean Koontz book from years ago? Allegedly about a virus called wuhan which spreads into a pandemic.

If it was as widespread as flu wouldnt it kill over 200,000 people in the UK alone ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51688379

Key games in Italy postponed until mid May.. they were scheduled to be played behind closed doors but have now been postponed.

I don’t like the look of this one little bit
    Last edited by Steveo; 29th February 2020 at 06:22 PM.

In uk mid December 1999 to mid January 2000

50 000 excess deaths big flu
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Well its here now. Few days off work ahoy hopefully.

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but the European championships could be under serious threat of being cancelled if this thing keeps getting worse