Page 81 of 248 FirstFirst ... 317174757677787980818283848586878891131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

But I think those really poor sub saharan countries aren't going to be able to cope.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    But I think those really poor sub saharan countries aren't going to be able to cope.
    I doubt the rich countries care (france uk holland erc) are robbing them of the natural resources anyway
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    BJ says we can beat this virus in 12 weeks. That will be by 11th June.
    Where on Earth has he got that from?
    My guess is he means he hopes to see the cases dropping day by day in June.

It will not just vanish as you say as we are seeing this all over the globe.

My worry is people wont take the advice of only going out when you have to so it wont stop the spread.

I really really hope Boris and his team are right on this, I still see the country going on some sort of lock down soon.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I guess they'll just add it to the list of diseases nd plight that kill children and adults there like famine,dysentery
    etc that not many people do much about or media dont pay much attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    My guess is he means he hopes to see the cases dropping day by day in June.

It will not just vanish as you say as we are seeing this all over the globe.

My worry is people wont take the advice of only going out when you have to so it wont stop the spread.

I really really hope Boris and his team are right on this, I still see the country going on some sort of lock down soon.
    I'd guess hes hoping that. This is here for the foreseeable so once winter is out of the way there might be a semblance of normality but it may be a case of stop start for the next 18 months.
    Peak hurd immunity in summer?
    I read that the "Spanish flu" that didn't actually come from Spain vanished within a month, sometimes when Virus' morph or attempt to mutate to a stronger form they disappear as people have built up an immunity from the first strain. Here's hoping.

Spring tomorrow; 21 March

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Possibly because they are three of the African countries that have the most foreign (European and Asian) tourists.
    Yes, human traffic is undoubtedly the biggest factor in this, but those countries are also at the northern and southern extremes of the African continent, furthest from the equator and in the 'hotspot' latitudes:

https://inconvenientfacts.xyz/blog/f/corona-virus-and-a-warming-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel?fbclid=IwAR3NCUk3eR2wsBPopjqu4IgfI3h4ETw6WV MxcVxPiQSGnsGrwG--_9XROW8

There must be a question over what to do with the current fixture list, it would surely make more sense to arrange the fixtures in the order they were set to be played if and when the football resumes as there are only 2 fixtures scheduled for after the current earliest resumption date
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Knowing how things work out and how Lallana is, If we have 1 day to get the final fixture in, he will be the one complaining about having symptoms of a virus.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I still wonder how players contracts can continue as they are. Present contracts will presumably have to be honoured and so a top footballer may continue to receive £100-£300k per week for the next year+ whilst maybe barely having to kick a ball. Any new contracts will surely have to take the implications of this virus on board. Therefore new contracts for such footballers surely must have a reduced value/terms. Scenario - top footballer on existing Megabucks contract v top footballer on much reduced contract terms and so potential envy/animosity.