Page 82 of 248 FirstFirst ... 327275767778798081828384858687888992132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Bloomberg is reporting that China is claiming to have beaten the Virus and the Communist Party is telling it's people to return to Normal life

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    My guess is he means he hopes to see the cases dropping day by day in June.

It will not just vanish as you say as we are seeing this all over the globe.

My worry is people wont take the advice of only going out when you have to so it wont stop the spread.

I really really hope Boris and his team are right on this, I still see the country going on some sort of lock down soon.
    Let us hope so!
    But why is his lecturn plate always making out he represents the NHS? I can understand it maybe for the chief medical officer

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Bloomberg is reporting that China is claiming to have beaten the Virus and the Communist Party is telling it's people to return to Normal life
    They've said no new cases today. As Bob Arum says "yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth ".
    I wouldn't trust a word they say.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Knowing how things work out and how Lallana is, If we have 1 day to get the final fixture in, he will be the one complaining about having symptoms of a virus.
    It's safe to say we will have won it by then if football has resumed, I'm backing our lads to win all our remaining games if and when the league resumes or as many as are able to be played if there is a second wave
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    They've said no new cases today. As Bob Arum says "yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth ".
    I wouldn't trust a word they say.
    Actually they're claiming 2 straight days without new cases.CNN are also airing China claims obviously we have to take all claims with a grain of salt but there has to be a point in this Virus when a countries claims will be true(whichever Country that is).
    I think everyone of us is waiting on the 1st news of this kind no matter which country that is.

Interesting that the WHO are saying China shouldn't be dropping it's guard and be prepared for a possible second wave of cases to hit them

I'd have thought the time for back slapping would be when you go 7-14 days without a new case then if you've locked your borders you should be sound as a pound.

Big events in June have been cancelled like Glastonbury and the European Championship but the Tokyo Olympics in July are still being debated.

Hard to know which expert to believe there but a Japanese expert was saying they should cancel.

On NBC there was an interview with a Dr Kavita Patel..former Obama Health Advisor where she said that her and her colleagues are thinking that the original virus that hit China is not quite the same virus that's spreading across the world...interesting if true.she didn't enlarge on why they thought this.

I'm running out of tea bags
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    I'd have thought the time for back slapping would be when you go 7-14 days without a new case then if you've locked your borders you should be sound as a pound.

Big events in June have been cancelled like Glastonbury and the European Championship but the Tokyo Olympics in July are still being debated.

Hard to know which expert to believe there but a Japanese expert was saying they should cancel.
    What the hell are the IOC waiting for?, there's no chance the Olympics will go ahead in July. They'll have to scrap the 2021 world champs and delay the Olympics for a year.

As for which expert to believe, I don't think any of them know how this thing is going to pan out.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."