Page 83 of 248 FirstFirst ... 337376777879808182838485868788899093133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

While some are going through sheer hell - losing their jobs on top of the fear of having no health care ( as nearly 30,000,000” in the US don’t ) in this desperate situation:

Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon got a 20% raise to $27.5 million for his work leading the bank in 2019. His pay package includes a $2 million annual salary, $7.65 million in a cash bonus, and $17.85 million in performance-linked stock units, the New York-based company disclosed Friday.....

Wow - just.... wow...

And there are people here in Britain who will say they wouldn’t want to give their tourist money to Russia - because they don’t agree with the way the country is run... I imagine they wouldn’t think twice about handing that hard earned cash over to the richest most powerful country on the planet - that has poverty levels which are an absolute disgrace by ANY standard....

I guess when you produce all that TV and Film half the planet watches - you can be as depraved as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    What the hell are the IOC waiting for?, there's no chance the Olympics will go ahead in July. They'll have to scrap the 2021 world champs and delay the Olympics for a year.

As for which expert to believe, I don't think any of them know how this thing is going to pan out.
    This is an unprecedented situation so nobody is 'an authority' on the subject. You've got everyone from individuals to entire countries saying and doing their own thing so you have to take everything they say with a very large pinch of salt, and as always judge everything on what you see/experience yourself mixed in with some common sense, something that seems to be in as short supply as bog roll and hand sanitiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    While some are going through sheer hell - losing their jobs on top of the fear of having no health care ( as nearly 30,000,000” in the US don’t ) in this desperate situation:

Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon got a 20% raise to $27.5 million for his work leading the bank in 2019. His pay package includes a $2 million annual salary, $7.65 million in a cash bonus, and $17.85 million in performance-linked stock units, the New York-based company disclosed Friday.....

Wow - just.... wow...

And there are people here in Britain who will say they wouldn’t want to give their tourist money to Russia - because they don’t agree with the way the country is run... I imagine they wouldn’t think twice about handing that hard earned cash over to the richest most powerful country on the planet - that has poverty levels which are an absolute disgrace by ANY standard....

I guess when you produce all that TV and Film half the planet watches - you can be as depraved as you like.
    And Steveo nails it! That's where we're heading, we're only around 20 years behind the US, we're actually worse already in some aspects. It was obvious to me as a kid and where I began developing my severe aversion to society and loathing of morons that kept voting for us to continue following that path.

A lot of people will die unnecessarily from this virus, simply because we live in a society full of ignorant self serving pricks, who lack any logical train of thought or responsibility, they're going to do whatever it is they want to do and everyone else can go fuck themselves, there are millions of twats like that in the UK who have been brought up on a media culture that somehow portrays acting in such a manner as clever. There are equally as many millions of thick bastards whose mind it would never have crossed to take obvious precautions to prevent the virus spreading

To coin a phrase of my old metalwork teacher "I'm sick to death of this I'm alright Jack attitude" and that attitude is exactly what has caused this virus to spread as it has
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The alright Jack attitude would have been multiplied ten fold had the pubs not been closed. Without doubt there would have been families spending their days in the local Wetherspoons. "Well I 'avent got it so 'arm or'right". Congregated in groups of the kinds of shit for brains who've been stockpiling anything and everything they can over the last week.
    I'm glad the wanker who owns those pubs has been told to close after he had no intention of doing do before. If the moron, sun reading,Tory voting masses in Britain were set on fire he'd be the first in line putting the fire out as they're the ones who line his money filled pockets.

Last night I dropped my kids at their mums (as I'm at work today) and saw huge groups of year 11 students. Massive groups outside local shops. How fucking irresponsible are their parents. We've been told to avoid large groups but their parents feel its their kids right to not miss out on a night on the drink on the last night of school.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    As for which expert to believe, I don't think any of them know how this thing is going to pan out.
    Agree, but the answer to "Why?" is usually "Because money". A lot of 'experts' have vested interests so if Japanese voices are saying cancel, despite losing money, then I'd be inclined to think they're right.

It's quite 'lucky' that this epidemic did not directly coincide with all the flooding from last month. Don't know how people would have coped.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    It's quite 'lucky' that this epidemic did not directly coincide with all the flooding from last month. Don't know how people would have coped.
    Yes, or if it had happened at Christmas. Or just before that with the general election, brexit etc, never a good time for a pandemic but could be worse.

So Boris will help me pay 80% of my employees wages but pay me £94 a week.
    Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    So Boris will help me pay 80% of my employees wages but pay me £94 a week.
    Cheers mate.
    So business owners are exempt from the pay package?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    So business owners are exempt from the pay package?
    In small business appears so as Im not on the payroll. Though it could change in the coming days.