Page 86 of 248 FirstFirst ... 367679808182838485868788899091929396136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It's a nice thought Dicko but Billionaires dont become billionaires by giving money away.
    Would be nice to think everyone's moral and economical compass gets recalibrate after this. It wont though. As soon as the chance comes it'll be carry on regardless as if nothing ever happened.

Theres been plenty of social media nuggets throwing out the "Boris is keeping us going" line or similar, the wetherspoons brexit squad. Not much about how the NHS is under unbearable strain due to a decade of cuts and bad management.
    It's not just cuts and bad management. I know from personal experience that the NHS s employing incompetent, bullying managers. Those managers have got rid of experienced nurses to bring in degree nurses with no experience, lacking in skills. Some of these younger nurses are starting in the job and then getting pregnant before they've been there six months. Once pregnant and giving birth they're off work for months on full pay. There's wastage and too many levels of management - on high salaries obviously. I know quite a number of people who either still work there, or have left (some force out) because of poor management and bullying.
    Somebody needs to go into the NHS and do a major sort out.

Were there a lot of NHS staff losses due to Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They're a product of 40 years of Toryism, they adopted this "I'm alright Jack look after No1" attitude from the US and cultivated it and nurtured it and grew it, it's rife in all our media, not just news media, in films, in series etc etc etc because this kind of attitude let's our Gov the US Gov and others do exactly as they please, and as long as it isn't affecting them.

These people who've grown up with this attitude are absolutely perfect for the society they deliberately devolved for their own greedy purposes, they all continue to get a lot richer, middle earners upwards and far too many low to middle earners are too busy looking out for themselves to give a fuck about the affects electing these Govs has on broader society.

The UK is largely populated by complete and utter pricks, when I toured the world for 16 years the English were pretty much despised everywhere I went, in the rest of Europe especially, with good reason, except the US and japan because they "love the accent", but to most, we were the nationals who disrespected their country, their laws, their culture, littered their beaches, brought our loutish excessive booze culture with us, acted like we owned the planet, wrecked their once local areas of beauty and turned them into little Ingerland away from home for all the fucking knobs
    It's in every aspect of western society. Especially the English speaking countries including here in Ireland. Product of globalisation and capitalism more than toryism imho..

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    None reported so far

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Those managers have got rid of experienced nurses to bring in degree nurses with no experience, lacking in skills.
    I went to see Clare Raynor talk a fews years before she died about this change since she was a nurse after the war. The whole culture has changed, with degrees seen as guarantees of competence as if risk can be written out of the picture by qualifications. But in her day the matron would send young girls home who weren't up to it. And nurses had more respect back then from society, and they were paid low wages. But these days all anyone can think of is equality and rights. We see respect measured only in money.

As this process unveiled itself, governments promised more and more, regulations grow and the bureaucracy swelled with self important managers, governments have headed towards insolvency, and post-war common sense is looked down upon. Sadly, all problems cannot be solved by 'funding'. We are about to see exactly how big a problem we can solve with government spending. My hope is this massive strain on the system will lead to a complete change of priorities, with bureaucrats, the micromanagement class and the obsession with regulation giving way to some old fashioned trust and belief in each other.

Oh and we might even need to return to real money, where even small amounts of it are worth something.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    It's not just cuts and bad management. I know from personal experience that the NHS s employing incompetent, bullying managers. Those managers have got rid of experienced nurses to bring in degree nurses with no experience, lacking in skills. Some of these younger nurses are starting in the job and then getting pregnant before they've been there six months. Once pregnant and giving birth they're off work for months on full pay. There's wastage and too many levels of management - on high salaries obviously. I know quite a number of people who either still work there, or have left (some force out) because of poor management and bullying.
    Somebody needs to go into the NHS and do a major sort out.
    Agree but that's part of bad management in my view. Too many overpaid chiefs/managers/consultants and not enough underpaid nurses/health care assistants and people with common sense approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    More than 10,000 EU nationals have left the NHS since the Brexit referendum, including almost 5,000 nurses. These new figures will add fuel to concerns about a wider staffing crisis.

So far this year more than 3,250 EU staff have left the NHS, according to data released under the Freedom of Information Act. The figures are from less than half England’s trusts and cover only 10 months, so the actual figure is likely to be higher. This year alone, 1,116 EU nurses have left.

Compiled by the Liberal Democrats, the data shows 11,600 EU staff have left since the Brexit vote, including 4,783 nurses. Some of the worst affected trusts include London North West, which has lost 362 EU staff this year, Oxford University Hospitals with 304 departures and University Hospitals Bristol, with 203. The number of EU leavers increased by 23% from 3,504 in 2015 to 4,335 in 2017. The number of EU staff leaving levelled slightly to 4,013 in 2018, still up 14% on 2015.

There is also evidence that as more EU health workers leave, fewer nurses are arriving. Recent figures from the Nursing and Midwifery Council show that the number of nurses arriving from the EU dropped by 87% from 6,382 in 2016-17 to 805 in 2017-18.

(November 2019)
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

And there aren't any more staff coming because Tories and Libdems trebled tuition fees and cut the nurses bursary and bursaries for several other NHS roles.

Look at a nurses salary, it's 22k I believe, who the fuck do the Tories expect is going to put themselves through University to come out in 65k debt for a job in which they are under unbelievable stress, understaffed, overworked, which the Tories are trying to privatise, which would lead to a sub contractor then employing them and reducing pay grades to maximise their profits
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The club have offered our stewards to help out supermarkets to police the idiots and rationing and stop staff being abused
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Fucking bellends driving to parks and beaches for "fresh air "
    Just leave the house and walk locally. Because it's bellends like them that will have parks and beaches shut down for people like myself who has one in walking distance.