Page 88 of 248 FirstFirst ... 387881828384858687888990919293949598138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Some countries are already pulling out of the Tokyo Olympics in July so they'll probably have to accept it ain't happening.
    Yep - not sure how it can possibly go ahead in this climate.

Hopefully the league season does finish behind closed doors - but the Olympics involves hundred of thousands of people moving across the globe and then being in close proximity.. The very elements needed for the virus to thrive..

Work shut down today. Mixture of relief and worry.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Work shut down today. Mixture of relief and worry.
    If it's only for a couple of weeks then it's totally for the best. The Irish government missed a great chance to shut the country down after last weekend.
    Better to take a hit for a couple of weeks than have our 'health system' put under huge strain for months and months.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    If it's only for a couple of weeks then it's totally for the best. The Irish government missed a great chance to shut the country down after last weekend.
    Better to take a hit for a couple of weeks than have our 'health system' put under huge strain for months and months.
    Oh yeah deffo. Just worried about what's coming next. We ahead of Italy trend by a fair bit in the same time frame since first confirmed case. This could get extremely ugly here imo.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    From what I've seen so far we haven't grasped this social distancing thing at all. Some places like supermarkets it is hard but most seem to be just ignoring it.

I'd go full on communist for 48 hours and only show one channel on tv. That channel would only show the inside of Italian hospitals where people are gasping for breath and dying alone.

When will people here realise how f*cking serious this is??, this isn't about how tough you are or showing you're not afraid, this is literally about saving other people's lives.
    You'll appreciate this

https://m.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/report-every-selfish-cunt-who-sat-on-this-beach-yesterday-should-be-ashamed-of-themselves/

Nothing surprises me anymore, we live in a time when people would literally walk over you to get what they want.

Thank f*ck my grandparents aren't here to see/suffer this.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Nothing surprises me anymore, we live in a time when people would literally walk over you to get what they want.

Thank f*ck my grandparents aren't here to see/suffer this.
    As sad as it is to say the elderly who are dying aren't missing much by leaving this world we live in which is full of shitheads. I just hope theres something better on the other side
    Its times like this I worry for what the world will be like when my children are grown and I dont/cant physically protect them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    As sad as it is to say the elderly who are dying aren't missing much by leaving this world we live in which is full of shitheads. I just hope theres something better on the other side
    Its times like this I worry for what the world will be like when my children are grown and I dont/cant physically protect them anymore.
    It's not just the elderly who are dying but also those with underlying health conditions, with some even more vulnerable than others. Despite meaning we'd have to endure these selfish, despicable ****s for a bit longer, I and the two other members of my immediate family who fall into all of those categories (old and v.v.vulnerable) would rather not fall foul of these ****s actions or lack of.

Even more evidence of why 'the young' are increasingly bringing down everything they come into contact with, and why this planet is well and truly doomed:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52003543

Italy's been in lockdown for 2 weeks now, going by the 'experts' we should start to see a drop in cases/deaths over the next few days.

Meanwhile in London, pictures showing the Tube crammed like a normal rush hour on some lines.
    They have to close the tube, problem is, it will put London into gridlock, although it won't if everyone stays at home as they're supposed to be doing.

It was always the thing I didn't understand people who wanted to damage the UK economy failing to attempt. I worked on LU for 2 years, there are key stations where LU and overground trains connect and key stations where several tube lines connect, if you could shut those down, you would cripple London and the UK economy

Victoria, London Bridge, Paddington, Liverpool Street, Kings Cross, Euston, Charing Cross
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Sounds like there'll be some sort of lockdown announced tonight. Boris to broadcast statement at 8:30pm.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."