Page 90 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4080838485868788899091929394959697100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    We may lack police but there's always the army. best shoot to kill though otherwise it puts a strain on the NHS.

As dicko says each country is different, Germany have more cases than most but a remarkably low death rate.

I suspect we have more cases than reported, the official figure for Brighton & Hove is 17 yet today the news reported a nursing home there with 13 residents and 7 members of staff showing symptoms but they won't be confirmed for 5 days until the tests come back...
    Think that's probably down to them testing a lot more than here. Some are saying the true figure here is at least 10x the official figure.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    We may lack police but there's always the army. best shoot to kill though otherwise it puts a strain on the NHS.
    I just keep thinking of the scene from 'The Great Escape' - "Would you like to get out and stretch your legs?"

Then for all the selfish hoarding bastards I think of the scene from 'Dr Phibes' in which he kills one of the critics by ramming food (the critics own poodles cooked in a pie) down his throat until he chokes -

Both would be extremely harsh, but not entirely undeserved If the latter was done with hoarded Cornflakes, Rice Crispies, Weetabix, Shredded Wheat etc etc it would make you a cereal killer
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post

Surely those who voted Tory were old, rich Surrey pensioners?, that's what we've been told the last 3 years. Doubt they're the ones flocking to the parks and beaches like the summer holidays have started early.
    A lot of their voters are dickhead middle class sell outs who have invested in their society, the sort of people you know are rooting for the wealthy tyrants when watching Elysium, a lot are also hard up, struggling, working class thickos who read stupid fucking rags which blame everyone but the people actually responsible for their troubles.

The Brexit Party political broadcast demonstrated how fucking thick people are, it was showing loads of closed down factories in Northern England, I think all of us here know who decimated manufacturing in the UK and constantly under invested in UK business and the North, except for when there was a backhander in it for them
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 23rd March 2020 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Well that's it then, we're in lockdown. Good luck enforcing it with 'you can go out once a day for exercise'. Everyone's going to say 'it's my first walk of the day officer'.
    Absobloodyexactly. It's open to abuse like all the super cunts who smashed it on pandemic holiday weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Absobloodyexactly. It's open to abuse like all the super cunts who smashed it on pandemic holiday weekend.
    Going to have all the vindictive feuding neighbours reporting people, I bet there are going to be loads of 999 calls reporting people, a lot of them made up too

My brother has OCD, he HAS to go out on his bike at a certain time, for a certain time and do so many miles a day, then he HAS to go for a walk, it's rural where I am, he's not going to meet anyone or come into contact with anyone, I bet someone will grass him up though

Any one else find what Gary Neville is doing,devious?? A lot of people with wealth are helping out with the current crisis. I just think Neville is doing it to highlight how bad the situation is so the league ends up being null and voided.
    Cant stand him one bit (my opinion)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Any one else find what Gary Neville is doing,devious?? A lot of people with wealth are helping out with the current crisis. I just think Neville is doing it to highlight how bad the situation is so the league ends up being null and voided.
    Cant stand him one bit (my opinion)
    What? Him doing a damn good deed for NHS nurses is with a view to the league being void? That's some conspiracy theory that Justme.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Going to have all the vindictive feuding neighbours reporting people, I bet there are going to be loads of 999 calls reporting people, a lot of them made up too

My brother has OCD, he HAS to go out on his bike at a certain time, for a certain time and do so many miles a day, then he HAS to go for a walk, it's rural where I am, he's not going to meet anyone or come into contact with anyone, I bet someone will grass him up though
    Does he have a diagnosed condition?
    If so surely he'd be exempt.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    What? Him doing a damn good deed for NHS nurses is with a view to the league being void? That's some conspiracy theory that Justme.
    hes trying to be mr nice guy? hes already said playing behind closed doors,should not happen that was yesterday or the day befoe
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    hes trying to be mr nice guy? hes already said playing behind closed doors,should not happen that was yesterday or the day befoe
    But hes also in favour of the league finishing think. He said it would be great to see loads of games played in a short spell like a festival of football.
    It's easy for us to think cynically about things when it comes to football but at the end if the day Liverpool and Utd fans are all human beings with the capacity to put the game to one side in a situation like this.
    I think what hes done is nothing short of outstanding. Theres the opposite with cunts like Ashley keeping sports direct stores open. Hes a fucking billionaire and willing to put the health and safety of his workforce at risk to sell "home fitness equipment ". Theres taking advantage of a situation and then theres macabre piss taking.