Page 93 of 248 FirstFirst ... 43838687888990919293949596979899100103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Shock horror Allardyce thinks the season should void.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Shock horror Allardyce thinks the season should void.
    I think he should STFU and remember that he had the shortest ever 'permanent' England managerial career because he's a thick, bent as a nine bob note twadge, and as a result his views should be taken and then ignored for what they are i.e. the worthless ramblings of an uncouth, loud mouth d-head.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I think he should STFU and remember that he had the shortest ever 'permanent' England managerial career because he's a thick, bent as a nine bob note twadge, and as a result his views should be taken and then ignored for what they are i.e. the worthless ramblings of an uncouth, loud mouth d-head.
    Noy a fan then, eh?
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

The death rate in Italy is shockingly bad.. almost 70 thousand cases and nearly 7 thousand have died.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The death rate in Italy is shockingly bad.. almost 70 thousand cases and nearly 7 thousand have died.
    Although 3,000 children die every day in Africa alone from malaria. Not trying to minimise the seriousness of the situation but must try not to get overwhelmed by statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Although 3,000 children die every day in Africa alone from malaria. Not trying to minimise the seriousness of the situation but must try not to get overwhelmed by statistics.
    People become more concerned about things such as loss of life the closer to home they occur. I'm sure that applies to the reverse situation to the one you cited. It would be nice if every life mattered as much as any other, but such a situation or even something approaching it is many, many generations away, if it ever becomes a reality at all.

What happened with Ebola in Africa should have served as a wake up call to everyone... 5 years ago +

https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates_the_next_outbreak_we_re_not_ready?utm_c ampaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t edcomshare

A wake up moment... "I told you so"

"we are not ready "

I just watched/listened to a lot more evidence that this country is fudged and full of scumbags.

Mike Cashley not only tried to keep open his shops, but evidence was released today that he hiked up prices by a large amount on items that were suddenly being bought because of what's going on e.g. dart boards, skipping ropes, weights etc. The guy really is an A grade ***t.

I also watched a report about some people that had gathered together in an outside gym. When questioned as to why they were doing that and if they were doing their bit to combat the pandemic, both of those interviewed replied "Yeah I'm doing my bit. Well I'm ok aren't I". I've seen similar attitudes on a number of reports and just as I alluded to in another post of mine, all of these people were part of what I called our 'fractured society'. Some like to dismiss such things but it's a fact and is why we're struggling to keep on top of things, whilst those that are have a 'clear identity' or 'common goal'.

On top of all that my local hospital which was already in the news for being at crisis point in regards to intensive care beds (something which was already p.poor when my mother was in one of them three times in two years), and has now very likely had the single largest number of deaths in a single day. Based on that if any one of my household gets ill we are royally fkd and it will very possibly be the end of an entire household.

Then you have this new bill which means local authorities do not have to provide social care for those that need it unless it causes a breach of their human rights. In NI centres for autistic children and children with mental health problems have already been closed.

The world and this country in particular really is going to hell in a handcart.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Another interesting stat is that currently Covid 19 hasn't even scratched the surface of the 200,000 that died from swine flu in 2010 but due to it being an Asian problem the west wasnt informed as much as it wasn't affecting us. We are being fed grim news constantly as it's on our doorstep now.