Page 94 of 248 FirstFirst ... 448487888990919293949596979899100101104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Mother Russia shut her border with China in January and have fewer confirmed cases than Luxembourg.

Here's an article by Ivor Dreikov

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/21/europe/putin-coronavirus-russia-intl/index.html?fbclid=IwAR2AxulZHnzfzZ6XUTJkMDB9L8MFgi ZH6Yl3_1cnwUjdMCqF2_bbbiik6Ck

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I just watched/listened to a lot more evidence that this country is fudged and full of scumbags.

Mike Cashley not only tried to keep open his shops, but evidence was released today that he hiked up prices by a large amount on items that were suddenly being bought because of what's going on e.g. dart boards, skipping ropes, weights etc. The guy really is an A grade ***t.

I also watched a report about some people that had gathered together in an outside gym. When questioned as to why they were doing that and if they were doing their bit to combat the pandemic, both of those interviewed replied "Yeah I'm doing my bit. Well I'm ok aren't I". I've seen similar attitudes on a number of reports and just as I alluded to in another post of mine, all of these people were part of what I called our 'fractured society'. Some like to dismiss such things but it's a fact and is why we're struggling to keep on top of things, whilst those that are have a 'clear identity' or 'common goal'.

On top of all that my local hospital which was already in the news for being at crisis point in regards to intensive care beds (something which was already p.poor when my mother was in one of them three times in two years), and has now very likely had the single largest number of deaths in a single day. Based on that if any one of my household gets ill we are royally fkd and it will very possibly be the end of an entire household.

Then you have this new bill which means local authorities do not have to provide social care for those that need it unless it causes a breach of their human rights. In NI centres for autistic children and children with mental health problems have already been closed.

The world and this country in particular really is going to hell in a handcart.
    I know that uk supermarkets business is up 25% on xmas figures !

Also where I am living at the moment (stuck in Brazil) milk prices up 30% on a few days ago.

Some will he making money out of this.

Where there us a debit there is a credit and vice versa.

I hope we will have a better picture of things in 4 weeks time. We are now passing into the centre of this pandemic.

Best of luck people 🙏
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Personally I have no time for religion at all. It is in my opinion always been used as a measure to strike fear into people to gain control.
    What isn't used as a form of control? The news we watch, trying to make sure people are in some form of debt, if you look at almost all religions, people do use them as a form of control, but the prominent feature of the teachings of all of them is peaceful and yes trying to strike some degree of fear into people, to control themselves, to control their worst instincts

Whereas we live in a society that actively encourages people's worst instincts - that's a fundamental part of everything that is wrong with our society, it preys on man's worst instincts, that's it's design, none of it encourages you to try and curb the worst instincts inherent in man
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

More than anything else, being in debt severely limits the options available to you. Debt takes away control of your life and hands it to other people instead. You find yourself a “servant” of your creditors, working hard just to keep them happy.

Many years ago debt was frowned upon. In some countries you can have your hand cut off to 'repay' the debt.

In the western world it is seen as a normal way of life ... to take a little "credit / loan"

After all why put it off... put it on; the bank that likes to say YES

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    More than anything else, being in debt severely limits the options available to you. Debt takes away control of your life and hands it to other people instead. You find yourself a “servant” of your creditors, working hard just to keep them happy.

Many years ago debt was frowned upon. In some countries you can have your hand cut off to 'repay' the debt.

In the western world it is seen as a normal way of life ... to take a little "credit / loan"

After all why put it off... put it on; the bank that likes to say YES
    Unfortunately those who aren't lucky enough to have a decent income have no choice but to rely on credit. A few years ago (as some may recall) I was in a particularly bad way and was on the verge of getting a private bone biopsy done. The only way I would have been able to afford it would have been via credit. Even then I still had to pay for a private blood test because the NHS is a pile of **** and is getting worse.

Once this is over... when

I really hope that there will be a big rethink on the health service.

Without thinking always about profit and the rich.

A service that is well staffed, highly educated and modern state of the art.

The UK is still the 9th biggest world economy.
    Although 20th per capita.

Time to rethink the next 20 years

Health
    Economy
    Education
    Security
    Environment
    Infrastructure

These are key to the future of a great United kingdom

My father in law's aunt died in hospital in the Valencia region last night. She had 6 children and multiple grand children, yet she died alone. If they're lucky and there's not too many Covid-19 deaths in the immediate area, she'll be afforded a very small funeral service. Crushing....
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    My father in law's aunt died in hospital in the Valencia region last night. She had 6 children and multiple grand children, yet she died alone. If they're lucky and there's not too many Covid-19 deaths in the immediate area, she'll be afforded a very small funeral service. Crushing....
    Heartbreaking mate. It doesn't bare thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Heartbreaking mate. It doesn't bare thinking about.
    It's terrible. Imagine, to spend your whole life nurturing your family only to die in isolation. It truly is heartbreaking Ian, and scary.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    It's terrible. Imagine, to spend your whole life nurturing your family only to die in isolation. It truly is heartbreaking Ian, and scary.
    I'm in all likelihood going to go the same way, also probably in considerable pain as well. Not exactly the future I hoped for myself when I was a very young lad.