Page 96 of 248 FirstFirst ... 46868990919293949596979899100101102103106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Don't hold back mate...lolol
    I thought I was holding back.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I've listened to some discussions about doing this and it seems that some think it will be unfair on lower division sides as the cups can provide them with much needed, or even essential income. As a result a few of these sides could make an issue of such a proposal.
    The chances of a money spinning tie are slim for 99% of them.

I would have thought would it hurt the top sides to put say £2-3m each aside for grassroots football ?

I know they dont have to do this but at times like this the bigger clubs can help.

We are all LFC fans on here but it doesnt mean I dont care about the lower levels I do and im sure loads of others do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    The chances of a money spinning tie are slim for 99% of them.

I would have thought would it hurt the top sides to put say £2-3m each aside for grassroots football ?

I know they dont have to do this but at times like this the bigger clubs can help.

We are all LFC fans on here but it doesnt mean I dont care about the lower levels I do and im sure loads of others do as well.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post

On top of all that my local hospital which was already in the news for being at crisis point in regards to intensive care beds (something which was already p.poor when my mother was in one of them three times in two years), and has now very likely had the single largest number of deaths in a single day. Based on that if any one of my household gets ill we are royally fkd and it will very possibly be the end of an entire household.
    Northwick Park?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Northwick Park?
    wow Northwick Park........no disrespect to anyone,,,,,I did some medical trials for cash there in my youth ...and that was one weird place...lol

wow Northwick Park........no disrespect to anyone,,,,,I did some medical trials for cash there in my youth ...and that was one weird place...lol
    Hospital has been in decline for years. It's all the cuts. Then they shut down other hospitals in the area and NWP took all the patients, A&E etc. Feel sorry for the people there (staff and patients) - I've ended up there a couple of times and they've been fine.

They also had all the deaths with the medical trial a few years ago
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Trump is hopeful that things will be back to normal in 3 weeks!
    Does he have a blind spot for New York ?
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/new-york-coronavirus-cases-updates.html
    Boris was hoping things will be on the up in 12 weeks!
    Are such statements idiotic or are they just an attempt to steady the stock markets (albeit futile) ?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Trump is hopeful that things will be back to normal in 3 weeks!
    Does he have a blind spot for New York ?
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/new-york-coronavirus-cases-updates.html
    Boris was hoping things will be on the up in 12 weeks!
    Are such statements idiotic or are they just an attempt to steady the stock markets (albeit futile) ?
    If things aren't back to something resembling normal in 12 weeks most peopleveull be gone mental I reckon. Only so long this will hold imo.

Northwick Park?
    Yup.

There was a big scandal there a few years ago regarding clinical trials as Vin said:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22556736

Hospital has been in decline for years. It's all the cuts. Then they shut down other hospitals in the area and NWP took all the patients, A&E etc. Feel sorry for the people there (staff and patients) - I've ended up there a couple of times and they've been fine.

They also had all the deaths with the medical trial a few years ago
    One of those was the Central Middlesex hospital. As for the staff at NWP, they are useless for the most part, but then again that applies to most of the NHS. The amount of **** we've been through is staggering, notably my mum who has been injured on a number of occasions requiring dangerous surgery to try and fix, has had to endure horrific pain due to p.poor staff/proceedures & not listening to patients/relatives, and my dear departed gran who departed partially due to NWP and their/the NHS's incompetent staff.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    If things aren't back to something resembling normal in 12 weeks most peopleveull be gone mental I reckon. Only so long this will hold imo.
    The virus may relent in the summer months but then it may come back.
    The vaccine may take 12 - 18 months! Maybe longer!
    Vaccines need to be carefully trialled otherwise they may have unexpected consequences.
    Rapid solutions may be forthcoming but they are surely fraught with danger.
    I think we are in for the long haul.
    Hopefully the lockdowns will relax a little in the summer months but I cannot see life returning to how it was.
    Keep safe!
    Last edited by scientificred; 25th March 2020 at 08:44 PM. Reason: spelling