Page 99 of 248 FirstFirst ... 49899293949596979899100101102103104105106109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

I am also absolutely sick to fucking death of the complete and utter twats continuing to hoard

The UK Gov and supermarkets needs to revise their rationing policies, we live 7 miles from our nearest supermarket, they are getting loads more deliveries than usual, yet every time we go there the shelves are empty of certain essentials, because people living locally are going in there every fucking day and sending different family members in there every fucking day, just continuing doing what they're doing, the rationing isn't working

The best way they can operate it in the larger supermarkets is to have staff making anyone entering the supermarket sign up for their reward card and set the ration limit to what they can purchase each week and make the reward card need to always be presented and swiped so it registers on the till what they have bought in the week so far and won't let them go over - Cross referencing of addresses to make sure people aren't registering for multiple cards would be needed too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    John Ratcliffe (owner of Ineos and richest man in UK) is building a plant that will churn out a million bottles of hand sanitizer a day right here in Shitsville Teesside. He recently closed a plant which led to lots of job losses so hopefully he'll recruit sond of those people. One thing thats going to have changed irrevocably is out hand cleanliness, opportunity seized by J.Ratcliffe.
    Isnt he the chairman at OM?

I miss pints.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    I thought he was at Nice ?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I thought he was at Nice ?
    According to Wikipedia his company Ineos tok over OGC Nice in August 2019 and his name is Jim Ratcliffe (actually Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe since 2018 Honours List)

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    I had no idea he was involved in football.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I miss pints.
    I miss having the option.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    The link below is footage of PMQs from last Wednesday 18th March.
    The number of MPs in the House of Commons was severely reduced to allow fro compliance with the government guidelines on social distancing.
    The speaker reiterates this in the first 30 seconds of the clip.
    Within the following five minutes you can see the tory front bench clearly in breach of the guidelines.
    There are 3 leading cabinet ministers sitting right next to each other (4 when Boris sits down) plus a further 2 only about 3 feet from this group.
    After about 02:20 minutes Corbyn thanks the house for complying with the guidelines.
    He himself sits right next to a fellow minister.
    Hardly setting a good example.
    One rule for them, another for the general public.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYrKdUxzJ28
    Once again I draw your attention to this PMQs video from 18th March as now both BJ and Matt Hancock have now confirmed infection with virus.
    At 01:30 in this video you can see sitting next to each other the chancellor, Raab, a woman MP, then quite close to them Matt Hancock sitting right next to Michael Gove.
    When he sits down BJ is sitting right next to the chancellor.
    This despite the house having significantly reduced numbers to allow for social distancing.
    And once again I mention that Corbyn praised the House for following the health guidelines regarding this social distancing (at time 02:20) then taking his seat right next to a labour MP.
    I found this whole episode quite surreal, astonishing, reckless and idiotic and surprised that no-one else (including newspapers) seemed to pick up on it.

Boris has heard he'll get 80% of his wages paid.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Boris has heard he'll get 80% of his wages paid.
    Fiddled his tax though so it wont be much.