Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    They should bite their hand off if they are willing to pay so much for him.
    If it's a genuine bit of interest then at that price our statisticians and so on would definitely weigh it up - think his contract is for £100,000 per week and he is contracted until 2024 so if (if!) we could find someone of a similar level for a cheaper transfer fee of similar quality, same age (or younger) and a better injury record, it had to be worth a look.

If PSG offer 50m hes gone. No doubt.

Ability wise Matip is worth £50m. Trouble is he doesn’t get to show it often enough

Its obviously bullshit.. Like nearly all rumours. I'm more interested in the incomings to the club. None so far.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

He is worth 50m on ability for sure but if an offer like that came in we all know FSG are taking the money. 50m for a free transfer, its their mantra all over.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    He is worth 50m on ability for sure but if an offer like that came in we all know FSG are taking the money. 50m for a free transfer, its their mantra all over.
    Anyone with any kind of business sense would accept it.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I would take £50m for him in a flash he is very good but never fit.

Just reading elsewhere on Sancho.. Being 120 million. But Dortmund would accept the payment in instalments . We aren't going to pay that full stop..I'd really think we should look at Son from Tottenham like i have said before.. Hes only 27 and proven in the Premier league and would cost less than Sancho. But huge deals are off the table at the moment so its unlikely.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Son would likely fit in well, but he is a similar age to Salah/Mane/Firmino. That isn't a problem for right now, but creates a problem for later on - we wouldn't want to have 4 players in the attacking positions that are first-teamers and all hitting 31/32 at the same time, as it would be a very expensive problem to address and would also "rip up the plans" too much and lead to a difficult transition.

I will use names of players here purely for example's sake - there's no thought about price or how they fit here - but the "way" to do it I feel is something like Salah out in 20/21 for Sancho in, also 20/21. Mane out for 21/22 for Mbappe in 21/22. 22/23 Firmino out, next talent in. Doesn't need to be as literal as that (one star out each year could be one out every 18-24 months) but creating a younger age profile of top talent that develops it's chemistry better and better each season is desirable.

Look at the Mancs - I wouldn't swap their players for ours whatsoever on the quality/talent front, but in terms of the age profile of their attackers (Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, soon to be Sancho) they'll be sorted for options for 7-12 years.

I'd expect we are tracking players like Thuram Daka Watkins at Brentford players like that all 21-24.

Mbappe fits that profile too haha.

There is also a chance Brewster comes good the loan at Swansea will have done him the world of good.