Page 277 of 659 FirstFirst ... 177227267270271272273274275276277278279280281282283284287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    People always have a right to complain
    Of course, and some make a living off it. Just seen that it's 10 years ago today that we lost to Northampton in the league cup. I hope it's a while before we see that kind of result again.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

But a little over 11 years ago we were the best rated side in Europe.

WHY is this so hard to grasp.?

It is very easy to have a positive outlook towards most owners when compared with the cowboys. FSG have done well in some areas and only ok in others. They have learned on the job and made an incredible signing...the day they bagged Klopp - all credit due. They have also had many other positive effects vs the cowboys. Not loading us with debt for one. BUT they have also been underwhelming in other areas: the stadium is only marginally bigger/better than it was when they took over. Still after all the years where we lost out to United as they expanded and expanded - we have barely closed that gap at all. We are also often light on transfers, choosing to factor in future sale potential over instant impact. Klopp finally managed to bag 2 key players he really wanted but it came at the cost of losing a creative jewel. Yes we did great in the wake of that but still only have the 2 major trophies to show for it.

These are the issues some have - others - like CC wonder WHY we can’t possibly go for an Mbappe... and that too is a fair question. Should we simply just accept that we cannot compete for certain players ...? I don’t like that personally but - if so fine - but again people have the right to challenge that view.
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd September 2020 at 01:13 PM.

Hi Steveo,
    Which would you say is a better run club than ours at the moment?
    Regards
    Taksin

Yawn.

Difficult to tell Taksin.

I mean, we all do have a right to complain, yeah.. I agree with that. But we also have a right to be thankful don’t we?

Blood heck yea..

I honestly find it hard to believe that ANY Liverpool fan is not extremely happy right now. But that doesn't mean that anyone with a doubt or concern should shut up and keep them mute either.

I was very very confident in the club going again in the market BUT I could also see WHY plenty of others were not and were questioning the owners. Human nature

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    But a little over 11 years ago we were the best rated side in Europe.

WHY is this so hard to grasp.?

It is very easy to have a positive outlook towards most owners when compared with the cowboys. FSG have done well in some areas and only ok in others. They have learned on the job and made an incredible signing...the day they bagged Klopp - all credit due. They have also had many other positive effects vs the cowboys. Not loading us with debt for one. BUT they have also been underwhelming in other areas: the stadium is only marginally bigger/better than it was when they took over. Still after all the years where we lost out to United as they expanded and expanded - we have barely closed that gap at all. We are also often light on transfers, choosing to factor in future sale potential over instant impact. Klopp finally managed to bag 2 key players he really wanted but it came at the cost of losing a creative jewel. Yes we did great in the wake of that but still only have the 2 major trophies to show for it.

These are the issues some have - others - like CC wonder WHY we can’t possibly go for an Mbappe... and that too is a fair question. Should we simply just accept that we cannot compete for certain players ...? I don’t like that personally but - if so fine - but again people have the right to challenge that view.
    I've wanted him for about two years now. If that means losing one to accomodate him, so be it. No-one stays around forever. But wanting him and being able to get him are totally different, as he may not fancy us, despite him saying he rates Klopp as a manager.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

It is 100% impossible NOT to fancy us.. Look at us FFS - we are fecking gorgeous in that beautiful red get up!

Well at least we were in the last few kits to grace the grass at Anfield.. The latest monstrosity - hmm we lose much with that diabolical stripe..
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd September 2020 at 02:32 PM.

I think it’s worth pointing out that the owners have assembled what looks like a near perfect squad for the manager - completely according to his needs and wants.
    They have done this without fiscal irresponsibility at a time when Imminent financial pressures threaten to push clubs close to bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    As i've said many times, all managers have had money to spend, and alot of it until Klopp came in was wasted. We sold Torres and replaced him with Carroll, then Suarez went and we brought in Balotelli. They weren't down to the owners, they were massive mistakes by Dalglish and Rodgers. Some of the players they both brought in were shocking. We've just secured the title, and before that the CL, and all some people want to discuss is FSG and how much they are or not spending. I think some would prefer the other clowns at the helm.
    Don't see why selling Torres was a mistake.
    He was messing about in that last season with us
    I remember seeing Carragher yelling at him about his movement (or lack of it) and Torres gesturing back at him.
    He wanted off and also seemed past his best owing to injury or otherwise
    Torres stats
    Liverpool
    07-09 116 appearances 72 goals, fantastic
    10-11 26 appearances 9 goals, mediocre
    Chelsea
    172 appearances 45 goals, poor
    Atletico Madrid
    150 appearances 37 goals, poor

Kenny sold him end of Jan for £50m and also sold Babel for £5.8m who was poor
    In came Suarez £22.8m and Andy Carroll £35m

Carrolls stats
    Newcastle
    09-11 62 appearances 30 goals
    Fell off a seat or something like that at time of signing and so got injured for quite a spell upon joining - not good!
    I thought Kenny spent a lot of effort developing Carroll but it just never worked out - when he appeared to be coming good Kenny never seemed to pick him regularly.
    Signed for Liverpool at age 22
    Appearances 58 goals 11
    Now aged 31 with total career stats of
    appearances 322 goals 79