Page 276 of 659 FirstFirst ... 176226266269270271272273274275276277278279280281282283286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yes, if FSG were worse at their jobs, we'd have more to moan about, you're right.
    As i've said many times, all managers have had money to spend, and alot of it until Klopp came in was wasted. We sold Torres and replaced him with Carroll, then Suarez went and we brought in Balotelli. They weren't down to the owners, they were massive mistakes by Dalglish and Rodgers. Some of the players they both brought in were shocking. We've just secured the title, and before that the CL, and all some people want to discuss is FSG and how much they are or not spending. I think some would prefer the other clowns at the helm.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Tbf, sky, the owners should take some of the blame. They're the ones who appoint (and fire) people responsible for transfers. At the end of the day, it's their responsibility to acquire the best available talent.

Though I suppose the best you can hope for after a fiasco like Carrolltelli is to replace the responsible party, which they've done.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

@justincredible

Sorry been away from computer....It was on Sportwitness saying agreement between clubs have now been secured, not sure how much of a guarantee that is tbf but they've been pretty bang on recently. Not that i know much about Sarr or how he'll fit in if he does come.
    You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Quote Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
    @justincredible

Sorry been away from computer....It was on Sportwitness saying agreement between clubs have now been secured, not sure how much of a guarantee that is tbf but they've been pretty bang on recently. Not that i know much about Sarr or how he'll fit in if he does come.
    Thanks for the info. I'm like you, i know very little about him too.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    As i've said many times, all managers have had money to spend, and alot of it until Klopp came in was wasted. We sold Torres and replaced him with Carroll, then Suarez went and we brought in Balotelli. They weren't down to the owners, they were massive mistakes by Dalglish and Rodgers. Some of the players they both brought in were shocking. We've just secured the title, and before that the CL, and all some people want to discuss is FSG and how much they are or not spending. I think some would prefer the other clowns at the helm.
    Not entirely sure who or what you are ranting/moaning at skyebo. There were many rightly claiming that another summer with no outlay on new blood would be a very poor showing indeed - especially when viewed in terms of recent successes. They had every right to voice their concerns on a football forum prior to last Friday and they have been belatedly proven correct in their assertions by the clubs actions.

Some others fully expected the club to make the required additions...and as mentioned - they have. There may also have been others who were quite happy for us to enter the new season as was.. Again a perfectly legitimate - if naive view.

Suggesting that anyone "would prefer the other clowns at the helm" is... well it is silly ...no?

What I do find hilarious is how people credit the owners for the great signings but blame managers for the crap ones.. comedy gold that..

Seems you are happy for people to suck the owners off for every minute detail examined through the lens of on the pitch success - while getting all uppity at the mere suggestion that perhaps they are riding the crest of a wave generated by the best manager on the planet.

The fact is - nobody knows despite all the data and all the in depth-exhaustive, microscopic analysis by those who THINK they understand what it really takes to get to the top and stay there... They don't know and they never know, because, whisper it quietly, there is no magic formula.
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd September 2020 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not entirely sure who or what you are ranting/moaning at skyebo. There were many rightly claiming that another summer with no outlay on new blood would be a very poor showing indeed - especially when viewed in terms of recent successes. They had every right to voice their concerns on a football forum prior to last Friday and they have been belatedly proven correct in their assertions by the clubs actions.

Some others fully expected the club to make the required additions...and as mentioned - they have. There may also have been others who were quite happy for us to enter the new season as was.. Again a perfectly legitimate - if naive view.

Suggesting that anyone "would prefer the other clowns at the helm" is... well it is silly ...no?

What I do find hilarious is how people credit the owners for the great signings but blame managers for the crap ones.. comedy gold that..

Seems you are happy for people to suck the owners off for every minute detail examined through the lens of on the pitch success - while getting all uppity at the mere suggestion that perhaps they are riding the crest of a wave generated by the best manager on the planet.

The fact is - nobody knows despite all the data and all the in depth-exhaustive, microscopic analysis by those who THINK they understand what it really takes to get to the top and stay there... They don't know and they never know, because, whisper it quietly, there is no magic formula.
    Nobody is beyond criticism, owners players managers. I don't know any of them personally, but if we finish potless this season, it will be down to the players, not the owners for not getting their hands in their pockets. To suggest i'm happy to see people suck the owners off is both nasty and childish.

Well perhaps it is childish skyebo - wasn’t aimed directly at you either.. well I guess it looks that way.... but really was a retort to the ridiculous suggestion that there are supporters who would honestly want Hicks and Gillette back here... I mean do you seriously think that is the case...?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Well perhaps it is childish skyebo - wasn’t aimed directly at you either.. and really was a retort to the ridiculous suggestion that there are supporters who would honestly want Hicks and Gillette back here... I mean do you seriously think that is the case...?
    What kind of owners would some of them like ? All these people can do is back the manager financially and i think they are doing that, after that it's down to the manager to bring the right players in, which in turn, Klopp is doing. I don't like negativity, and thanks to everyone at the club, there isn't any. I'm glad i wasn't around during Hodgson's time when people had a right to complain about this that and the other.

People always have a right to complain