Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    I hope this Kostas fella was always our first choice, would be a tad embarrassing if we're signing him to save £5m on Lewis.
    Would you be surprised if the latter part of your statement is the truth of the matter? I know I wouldn't be.

I hope this Kostas fella was always our first choice, would be a tad embarrassing if we're signing him to save £5m on Lewis.
    Sign of the times. Every penny counts.

Probably happy with either but no plans to go above 10 for Lewis.

Why? We value him at a price, they want 33% more than that -> we take our business elsewhere. Besides, this is a backup LB. I'm sure if he were a starter we'd have done more to get him, e.g. VVD and Alisson.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Sign of the times. Every penny counts.
    Nope. It's just FSG's modus operandi. Covid 19 has just given them a ready made/perfect excuse not to 'spend' much.

We're the fourth most valuable football 'brand' in the world, not a non league team who don't have a receptacle which they can empty their bladder into.

Probably a better deal than lewis would ever be think lewis wants x11 place tbh, he won't play much anyway, maybe in cups unless injury's occur.

I'm so glad we've FINALLY got some cover though coming in

Fucking thank you jesus
    Last edited by Kev0909; 9th August 2020 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Er ... is that last sentence also from his wiki page Harky?
    Yes it was! (for now at least)

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Nope. It's just FSG's modus operandi. Covid 19 has just given them a ready made/perfect excuse not to 'spend' much.

We're the fourth most valuable football 'brand' in the world, not a non league team who don't have a receptacle which they can empty their bladder into.
    I’ll be honest I’m surprised this lad is joining us to be second choice.

Lewis would have been a decent back up but no chance are we spending £20m on a back up full back.

As Norwich are a well run club they don’t need to sell so they will demand a big fee for him can see him going somewhere like Leicester/Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I’ll be honest I’m surprised this lad is joining us to be second choice.

Lewis would have been a decent back up but no chance are we spending £20m on a back up full back.

As Norwich are a well run club they don’t need to sell so they will demand a big fee for him can see him going somewhere like Leicester/Spurs.
    We should be fully able/prepared to spend £20m+ on 'backup'. We're currently the PL, CL and WCC holders, not some club where £20m is the total value of their squad. Until we start being fully prepared to spend reasonable amounts on our squad, we're going to struggle to compete on multiple fronts, never mind being susceptible to having our season derailed should one or two of our key players be missing for a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    We should be fully able/prepared to spend £20m+ on 'backup'. We're currently the PL, CL and WCC holders, not some club where £20m is the total value of their squad. Until we start being fully prepared to spend reasonable amounts on our squad, we're going to struggle to compete on multiple fronts, never mind being susceptible to having our season derailed should one or two of our key players be missing for a few games.
    Depends if we think he is worth £20m it will be interesting to see how much he does leave for.

Also as he is only 22 he might be better off staying at Norwich getting another years experience.

I think the only clubs who are going to spend big are Chelsea PSG City and United most other clubs won’t spend much that is my guess maybe AC Milan will spend too as they have rich owners.

I know what you are saying but with what is happening around the world it isn’t wise or responsible to spend bucket loads of cash.

I want us to win as much as anyone does but if honest I’d rather millions of pounds go to the people in society who need it rather than a footballer/sports star that will divide opinions but it is just my view of life.