Results 6,581 to 6,589 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Page 700, here we go...

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What would be funnier ?

Ronaldo playing for city in the manc derby,
    Or Ronny and Messi playing with Neymar at PSG
    Ronaldo in the Manchester derby for me.

The idea of Man United potentially losing both matched whilst clapping Ronaldo doing the whole hand-up, "sorry I scored" stuff is just a treat. Also I'd rather City were going for short-term options (such as Ronaldo) rather than Haaland/Mbappe kind of players.

In other news, as someone who always likes the idea of bringing the squad age down and thinking about the future (without jeopardising quality too much in the short-term, a difficult balance) I would love to know what the fee/wages would be to get Bellingham off of Dortmund next Summer.

Milner will likely be leaving and I think we'll look to move a high-earner (that isn't contributing enough in relation to wages) on. In a hypothetical situation where you had Milner and, say, Ox leave (with Bellingham coming in, if Ox has a poor 21/22) your midfield (in no particular order) could end up looking like* -

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Keita
    Jones
    Bellingham
    Elliott

- in terms of having 7 players for 6 spots, with one of the more injury-prone players having been moved on. It doesn't have to be Ox - it could be Keita that leaves and Ox stays - just an interesting hypothetical to look at - though Dortmund certainly aren't under any pressure to sell given the contract length - think he's signed up to the end of 24/25.

I can see Pogba going to PSG if the Mbappe move goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

The idea of Man United potentially losing both matched whilst clapping Ronaldo doing the whole hand-up, "sorry I scored" stuff is just a treat. Also I'd rather City were going for short-term options (such as Ronaldo) rather than Haaland/Mbappe kind of players.

In other news, as someone who always likes the idea of bringing the squad age down and thinking about the future (without jeopardising quality too much in the short-term, a difficult balance) I would love to know what the fee/wages would be to get Bellingham off of Dortmund next Summer.

Milner will likely be leaving and I think we'll look to move a high-earner (that isn't contributing enough in relation to wages) on. In a hypothetical situation where you had Milner and, say, Ox leave (with Bellingham coming in, if Ox has a poor 21/22) your midfield (in no particular order) could end up looking like* -

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Keita
    Jones
    Bellingham
    Elliott

- in terms of having 7 players for 6 spots, with one of the more injury-prone players having been moved on. It doesn't have to be Ox - it could be Keita that leaves and Ox stays - just an interesting hypothetical to look at - though Dortmund certainly aren't under any pressure to sell given the contract length - think he's signed up to the end of 24/25.
    Wages shouldn't be an issue but I think it would take a massive fee to take Bellingham. Easily £50 million plus.

He'd be a good addition though, as would Bissouma who will unfortunately cost around the same.

Bellingham being English would indeed be expensive but we do need to keep up our quota of quality English players. And let’s face it there ain’t that many around good enough for us.
    I get the feeling we’d have a chance with Bellingham but I doubt they will let him go at the same time as Haaland

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Wages shouldn't be an issue but I think it would take a massive fee to take Bellingham. Easily £50 million plus.

He'd be a good addition though, as would Bissouma who will unfortunately cost around the same.
    He's one of a very small number of targets that would tick enough boxes for me to justify a big initial outlay. In a hypothetical situation where we bid for him next Summer or something and we gave them £30m up-front with the rest in smaller instalments over the next few windows to give us some wiggle-room you're talking about a player who is young, English and could be part of your first-team set-up for 5-10 years. He'd also always hold value domestically due to his nationality, so if he didn't work out to quite the degree that we would hope, we'd still recoup a good chunk of money - or (ideally) he works out and we have a position covered for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post

Bissouma now possibly costs £50m but next year he only has one year left so you would guess £30-35m.

Bellingham probably stays at Dortmund until 2023-24 he will only be 20-21 then !

BBC

PSG's sporting director Leonardo has described Real Madrid's approach for Kylian Mbappe as "disrespectful, incorrect and illegal".

Leonardo went on to say that if Mbappe wants to leave, "we will not retain him, but he will leave or stay on our terms".

"If a player wants to leave, he will leave. The club, the project, remain above everyone. But we have done everything" to convince him to stay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Henderson
    Thiago
    Fabinho
    Keita
    Jones
    Bellingham
    Elliott

In football terms I'd agree, Ronaldo returning to Manchester would stir the pot far more. Which bring it's own entertainment.

I think it cant be understated enough, that the youtube cartoons with Ronny at PSG would be hilarious. Especially if/when they get dumped out of the CL.