Page 26 of 659 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526272829303132333676126526 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

I think Mane is slightly better than Salah myself but trust me we would find it very hard to get someone to do what Salah does.

Put it this way look around the world he would get in every club team without doubt.

He misses chances agreed but so did Andy Cole didnt Hoddle once say he needs 6 chances to score 1 ? Then again whose judgement would you back Fergie or Hoddle I know whose opinion i'd listen to more.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think Mane is slightly better than Salah myself but trust me we would find it very hard to get someone to do what Salah does.

Put it this way look around the world he would get in every club team without doubt.

He misses chances agreed but so did Andy Cole didnt Hoddle once say he needs 6 chances to score 1 ? Then again whose judgement would you back Fergie or Hoddle. I know whose opinion i'd listen to more.

Eileen Drewery?

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Eileen Drewery?
    Is she the one that ruined Glenn Hoddels managerial career ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    2 things with Salah imo

1) Mane and Bobby are off the ball animals. Salahs really good off the ball too, but hes just in a front 3 with 2 monsters. Mane is currently the top animal.

2) hes under delivering imo on goals and assists. Scoring penalties is important but last year and this year Salah has 3 in both pl campaigns.
    Mane has no penalties, takes less shots and matches Salah last year in the pl and missed more games this year.
    Imo Mane for the last season and this one is our best and most clinical attacker.

Mane had to deal with this in 17/18. Suffering relative to Bobby's and Mo's performances then.

I think people get very and more defensive about Salah than the other 2 myself.
    Imo Salah should lead our other 2 on goals and assists by a greater distance.
    Mane just isn't as good at getting himself into great goalscoring positions as salah. He dosent run behind as well as salah. Doesn't run off his wing and find himself in the Cf position like salah does. But hes much better out the field and with the ball at his feet than salah. I think they all compliment each other very well.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Mane just isn't as good at getting himself into great goalscoring positions as salah. He dosent run behind as well as salah. Doesn't run off his wing and find himself in the Cf position like salah does. But hes much better out the field and with the ball at his feet than salah. I think they all compliment each other very well.
    It's not very often you see them running into each other or going into the same space. They are the dream front 3. Some teams would be lucky to have 1 star forward who we have to worry about facing. Opposing team have to worry about 3 of ours.

I know its been said dozens of times. But our fullbacks make all the difference to our front 3 as well.
    In the past we had poor fullbacks who offered nothing going forward. it often meant our wide players had to remain wide to keep the width. Then our play became sterile. backwards sides way and backwards again. With having Mane and Salah running into the box. Really scares the bejaysus out of the opposition back line.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    2 things with Salah imo

1) Mane and Bobby are off the ball animals. Salahs really good off the ball too, but hes just in a front 3 with 2 monsters. Mane is currently the top animal.

2) hes under delivering imo on goals and assists. Scoring penalties is important but last year and this year Salah has 3 in both pl campaigns.
    Mane has no penalties, takes less shots and matches Salah last year in the pl and missed more games this year.
    Imo Mane for the last season and this one is our best and most clinical attacker.

Mane had to deal with this in 17/18. Suffering relative to Bobby's and Mo's performances then.

I think people get very and more defensive about Salah than the other 2 myself.
    Imo Salah should lead our other 2 on goals and assists by a greater distance.
    Well put.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Mane's movement without the ball is better for me, Mane does exactly what you're talking about all the time, it's a feature of his play, whenever the ball goes to our right, Mane immediately gets himself into the box, he does it all the time, and when he doesn't play for any reason we've had the issue of the player at LFWD not getting in the box quickly in those situations, only Oxlade has done it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

"A recent report from David Maddock has claimed Liverpool are not – and never have been – interested in acquiring the services of Jadon Sancho."

"Traore is now on the club’s shortlist of attacking options should they look or need to expand their personnel."

"The Spanish powerhouse averages 5.1 successful dribbles per game whilst also winning 9.8 duels per 90 minutes (via Sofascore)."

"Reds fans are head over heels with the idea of bringing the 24-year-old to Anfield, with one supporter saying ‘he would destroy’ under Jurgen Klopp’s system. Others are simply appreciating being linked with such a ‘beast"

Werner and Traoré