Page 240 of 659 FirstFirst ... 140190230233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Still hope Thiago comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Still hope Thiago comes in.
    If you believe reports, the club are waiting until the last week of the window before they make their move.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Not a fan of playing chicken with Bayern in all honsety.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Aubameyang signs new 3 year deal at the Arse...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53802028

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Not a fan of playing chicken with Bayern in all honsety.
    Me neither. Ridiculous situation. If you want a player just go and get him.
    I can see us landing nobody and it really wouldnt be a shock. Two years without a major squad addition because we haven't sold any family silver pretty much sums up FSG.

Depends on how much you want the player. If it's an unproven goalie you think can make the difference between losing the CL final and winning it, you might want to spend whatever it takes. If it's a not very young albeit class midfielder who won't necessarily make that much of a difference to the starting eleven, hold out.

I meant that I don't like it in the sense that Bayern do not strike me as a club that likes to get fucked about like this and might just block the deal out of pure spite. I didn't mean that I would be trying to save money in exactly the same way. We recon we've got them by the balls, they hope we don't. Good times though - must mean we're in a decent spot if we can afford to do it with one of the current CL winner's star(-ish) players.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We do have 4, because Fabinho can play there in any emergency. Though that would be taking him out of his best position.
    We have 8 😉
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @CC

Not sure why you are wanting any of this at all. The consensus on here this am was that - There is no way Salah would be wanting to go to Barca. It was dismissed out of hand as Nonsensical .. I simply suggested that there are many reasons why he might indeed want to go. And they are all totally valid.

You seem put out at the thought/fact that Barcelona might be a more desirable destination to Liverpool..? Why is that? Do you have a connection to the pool? I know I do but it doesn’t cloud the fact that one place is far more popular with far more people than the other Or distract me from the fact that historically top players from the top league in England become targets for the Spanish giants and often regardless of success.. Simples...

You believe that the CWC or WCC is a major title - fine - I don’t see it as thus - yes you have to win the CL to enter but the same goes for the Charity/Community shield. Both are nice to have’s in my book - sorry.

If you - in line with others - believe that due to our superb recent successes - the skint ness of Barca and a perceived preference for a cooler maritime climate...any dreams he may or may not have are cancelled...then you may well be correct. I just don’t see it.

This conversation could go on till the cows come home but it isn’t really going anywhere - because we are just imagining what motivates another human being.
    The WCC is a massive cup for us.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Only £1m in it so they are on similar money, the top 3 are on £43-56m more than those two.
    Mbappe for Salah in 2021
    Mbappe on a free
    Salah sold for £100m

CCTV... thoughts 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    The WCC is a massive cup for us.
    And the league Cup is a massive Cup for Southampton.