Page 253 of 659 FirstFirst ... 153203243246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Have you seen the tweet Dave Maddock put out saying a key element in the deal was that Bayern accepted LFC payjng 5m over 4 years?
    FSG are like that one out of your group of mates who dogdes the round or makes sure it's his turn in the Wetherspoons.
    This would lead me to think that the issue we have isn't an accounting one, but rather a cash flow one. I mean that's how it'd be reported in the books anyway due to Player Amortisation, no?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Liverpool have enquired about Ismaila Sarr and discussed his situation with Watford, who want £36m for the 22-year-old Senegal international striker. (Mail)
    He's certainly quick enough to be a back-up for our attacking positions, essentially a Mane back-up given he normally plays on the left (?) of the pitch. A touch put off by him being African in terms of AFCON as I'd rather the back-up to two of our African stars was available, but outside of that his goal return given the sides he has played for and age he is isn't to be sniffed at.

Folks may baulk at the £36m or so price tag but that's essentially funded by potential Wilson and Grujic sales, neither of whom we've been using, so in that context we could probably live with that.

Can foresee Edwards managing to get us a good deal if the interest from the red half of Manchester isn't too strong/genuine.

Another reason why I would prefer Doku, he’s Belgian.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Another reason why I would prefer Doku, he’s Belgian.
    The Anderlecht lad? Know nothing about him, young though isn't he? Are we genuinely linked? If Elliott is one of our back-ups to the front three I'd probably want someone slightly older (Sarr for example is 22 so is more "proven") for the other two spots.

You watched him at all? Fit the profile in terms of playing style?

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    This would lead me to think that the issue we have isn't an accounting one, but rather a cash flow one. I mean that's how it'd be reported in the books anyway due to Player Amortisation, no?
    I guess so but I find it staggering. If LFC are doing that after how weve performed over the last few years what the hell do the likes of Arsenal, Everton and Tottenhams books look like?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I guess so but I find it staggering. If LFC are doing that after how weve performed over the last few years what the hell do the likes of Arsenal, Everton and Tottenhams books look like?
    Apparently that small club everton are more well off than us

#cashcow
    Last edited by Kev0909; 18th September 2020 at 09:33 AM.

If Thiago is confirmed and we are going after Sarr then I'd have thought that would put pressure on certain non-home grown fringe players to find themselves a club sharpish.

I don't expect Karius will ever play for us again, Grujic as a midfielder too, but there don't seem to be any bids yet.

Much as I hate the DM - this might be worth a read.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lopps-top.html

I don't get what point you're trying to make in relation to the quoted post, sorry.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I don't get what point you're trying to make in relation to the quoted post, sorry.
    That the red sox rested on their laurels and relinquished their hold on mlb and its possible liverpool might do the same i assume after the first paragraph.