Page 52 of 659 FirstFirst ... 24245464748495051525354555657585962102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Much as I'd love us to have the capacity to do so, even ignoring the impact Covid-19 has had on finances, we have conceded 21 goals in the League.

That's unlikely to end up being more than 25-26 over the 38-game period you would think, unless City have a blinder against us.

I don't think we're suddenly going to be able to bring that number below, say, 20 goals conceded for the season, perhaps even with Koulibaly. Would be interesting to Google for a bit on which teams have had the most water-tight records in our League and in others. We're certainly closer rather than further.

I still think pulling away in more matches is probably a bigger priority really. 14 of those wins done by a single-goal margin remember.

Even the Atletico tie I look at and think "yes, it's easy to blame Adrian" but had we scored a goal in the first leg we could have done things differently, or indeed had we got our second goal before the end of normal time in the second leg, we would be through. Difficult against arguably the best defensive side in World football, but we are meant to be one of the best attacking sides ourselves - we should have been able to find a way.

Hopefully there is a bargain or two to be had out there, or money to be gathered from a Lovren sale (I'm sure Fabinho could plug a gap if we got stuck) or a Shaqiri sale, or indeed the 30% of any Luis Alberto sale.

Had Covid-19 not happened we would be in an even stronger position, but I will certainly take being League winners with a squad that can challenge for the League and Champion's League next season.
    Definitely get rid of Loverman. Would love to see the stats over the past couple of seasons of how we've performed with him vs without him. Feels like whenever he plays we go down a notch. Agree with attack though. We should strengthen now as we don't know if Mo, Bob or Sadio will pick up an injury or maybe 2 out of 3 as they've played a lot of football past few years , particularly Sadio.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

Biscuits matip out again ffs, him and lovren must miss a seasons worth of games between them every season. I'd bin them both and buy someone two footed who is consistently available for selection and could partner virgil or joe without any drama. Maybe the dutch kid will get a few games beside virgil to help him develop too

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    Biscuits matip out again ffs, him and lovren must miss a seasons worth of games between them every season. I'd bin them both and buy someone two footed who is consistently available for selection and could partner virgil or joe without any drama. Maybe the dutch kid will get a few games beside virgil to help him develop too
    Are you referring to Van Den Berg or Hoever? I haven't seen a lot of either but Hoever seems to have more about him

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Are you referring to Van Den Berg or Hoever? I haven't seen a lot of either but Hoever seems to have more about him
    Been more impressed with Hoever, that kid looks like he can fit in all across the back line next season.

Wow ozil has been at arsenal for 7 years didn't think it was that long...

What a waste... currently picking uo 350k a week for not playing, ahhaa

that club is so fucked up on the pitch and off the pitch.... letting players leave for free, yet you have people like Ozil

It's finally been confirmed that the AFCON has been put back to 2022.................thank fook.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Wow ozil has been at arsenal for 7 years didn't think it was that long...

What a waste... currently picking uo 350k a week for not playing, ahhaa

that club is so fucked up on the pitch and off the pitch.... letting players leave for free, yet you have people like Ozil
    Utd get loads of stick for paying ridiculous wages and rightly so but you hardly ever hear about Ozil's massive wages for the whole of his time at Arsenal. It's not even like they can in anyway justify it, he's been a massive disappointment.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Ozil just doesn't work hard enough.. It as an impact on the rest of the teams mindset.. If you have a player that doesn't bother much and earns that amount of money. Am guessing it takes a lot of mental strength for the other players to get motivated as well. Ozil gets payed 3 million every 2 months.its bizarre
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Some good news.. Breaking news the African nations as been put back a year.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Some good news.. Breaking news the African nations as been put back a year.
    See #516
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!