Page 1 of 659 123456781151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Summer transfer thread

Some persistent rumours this past week that involve us going after Havertz and/or Werner. Almost certainly lazy journalism but I'm a sucker for it anyway.

Also saw one that we might sell Lallana to Brendo and Leicester as we can activate a 1 year extension on his contract.
    You are essentially an oxygen thief.

Werner/MBappe - Soumare - LB - Done
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Left back is certainly my priority, though I have absolutely no idea who we should go for. It’s a shame we can’t clone robbo.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

What's this about Bayern trying to grab Firmino for a measly £75m?

I think not!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

I think not!
    Firstly, why would he want to go to Bayern Munich? And secondly, that derisory offer might just about be enough to get his left leg. What about the money for the rest of him? Not that he's going anywhere of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

I think not!
    An obviously fabricated story, Firmino's going nowhere and he's worth 3 times that anyway

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Firstly, why would he want to go to Bayern Munich? And secondly, that derisory offer might just about be enough to get his left leg. What about the money for the rest of him? Not that he's going anywhere of course.
    It's absolutely Bananas if there is any genuine thought amongst the Bayern camp that we would sell for that sort of money.

Don't get me wrong - I appreciate that it would be wise to sell Firmino, Salah and Mane at some point in a staggered fashion (one per season say) so they don't all become 34 at the same time for us and need replacing all at once so we land ourselves in difficulty, but that is an absolutely measly offer and probably a season sooner than we would consider selling any of them.

Liverpool had a €35m offer for 20-year-old Nigerian attacker Samuel Chukwueze rejected last month, according to France Football.

Werner
    Haivertz
    Sancho
    Mbappé
    Soumaré

Will any be coming?

Lallana/ Lovren / Shaq / Wilson / Grujic

Ciao ciao ciao

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Liverpool had a €35m offer for 20-year-old Nigerian attacker Samuel Chukwueze rejected last month, according to France Football.

Werner
    Haivertz
    Sancho
    Mbappé
    Soumaré

Will any be coming?

Lallana/ Lovren / Shaq / Wilson / Grujic

Ciao ciao ciao
    Werner/MBappe Soumare LB

I hope for these 3 definitely, I think our Chukwueze bid was prior to the AFCON news, I was touting our signing this lad last summer, looks like another Jurgen, the staff and our players could make world class to me, but with AFCON insisting on holding the tournament every 2 years AND during our season, I think that one is VERY unlikely now, that would then be four players we miss for up to 8 games at a very busy time, AFCON aren't doing players or their game any favours whatsoever.

I think another top class forward is essential, I think Soumare is essential, we need both those areas strengthened with another top class player for immediate contribution and the long term and the players linked can all operate in 3 positions across the forward line or across midfield and fit what we need perfectly moving forward and are definitely players Jurgen, the staff and playing and training with our players can make world class

This would still leave us a striker short for up to 8 games next season with Mo and Mane going to AFCON, but I don't see us spending to bring another 2 forward in for that reason as Oxlade, Minamino, Brewster and Origi can be used in those positions

Keita will be going to AFCON again too, so that would leave us with Oxlade and Minamino as our options for attacking No8's for up to 8 games but I think Jurgen can develop Soumare to operate as an attacking No8 also as well as him being a perfect addition for No6 and both No8 roles as Gini and Hendo play them too

I think Lovren will likely be allowed to see out his contract and leave summer 2021 and we'll assess how Hoever and our other young CB's are doing and who is available on the market

I think Lallana, Shaq, Wilson and Grujic will all be sold this summer or allowed to leave on a free in Lallana's case

We might have a bigger window than I expect, I expect MBappe/Werner and Soumare as they're both areas we need to strengthen and build for the long term.

I'd like a LB, but Lewis and Larouci will be a year older and I wasn't aware until the second game v Shrewsbury that Larouci had got ahead of Lewis because Lewis got an injury and I thought Lewis was very impressive in that game, so I think that's another position we will 'wait and see' on. RB we have Williams and Hoever coming through, CB we have Hoever, Van Den Berg and Boyes and as I think Lovren will be allowed to see out his contract, we'll see how they develop in the next year before making a decision on whether to add another top class CB in summer 2021 I think a CB signing that summer is very likely as the 2 or 3 'potentials' coming through are a way off for me.

Midfield is an area we might strengthen further, I think we absolutely need Soumare moving forward and really hope he is our top midfield target, you can see other sides trying to nick him, but I don't see him reaching his potential or developing anywhere else as he would playing for us under Jurgen and with our current players.

I think he's ideally suited for our system and how our three midfielders play and can play No6 or either No8 at LCM or RCM for us and pretty crucially will offer us those same incredible levels of natural fitness and drive that Hendo gives us long term and there just aren't many of those types of players around of the required quality and potential, I know because I've been looking at all the 'potentials' thinking where the hell do we get a player to contribute immediately and who can offer us that Henderson natural fitness and drive long term for a long time now, this is the only player who fits for me, there's been huge doubts or the need for a lot of development in players who would command big fees and expect to play immediately in all the others.

It's the attacking No8 position I think we might perhaps make an additional signing in that maybe we don't expect, which could be Havertz as a player Jurgen thinks he can develop as an attacking No8, in the Bobby role long term and as an option at RFWD and you can see the potential for all that is definitely there and it's a superb long term investment and gives us a lot more options when we're missing 3 key players for as many as 8 games because of AFCON,

The other option I see us looking at in the attacking No8 role is a Fabian Ruiz type, as sort of hybrid between Gini and a playmaker at LCM, a player with the defensive qualities, strength, dribbling ability and composure and ability to keep the ball and use it incredibly well in tight areas, who also has superb play making abilities and terrific ability at shooting from distance. I found the link to Fabian Ruiz exciting because I always feel players learn and develop from each other and he has the skills we need and brings different skills that are an addition to what we already have with him and he's another I think would fit in perfectly and further increase our ability to win games against different opposition in different ways.

I think long term Ruiz would be an ideal signing for us a LCM and he's another very versatile player too who can play several positions, which I like and we all know Jurgen likes. How we play and our patterns of play and how the channel between the oppositions RB and RCB opens up a lot and that he's naturally left footed I think he'll add a lot with all aspects of his game and the balance it will give us, particularly with his through balls, switches passing and vision. He also has great dribbling ability, shooting from distance and finishing and will give us the left to right switch from LCM we currently lack as standard and much much more.

If we were to sign 3 players for me this summer, all things considered, I would really hope it would be MBappe/Werner, Soumare, Ruiz I believe all 3 would be absolutely brilliant signings and make immediate contributions and see us become an even more formidable team immediately and help secure our ability to be in the long term. I think Fabian Ruiz in our set up would leave nobody talking about De Bruyne at UAE FC anymore, I think he'd eclipse him
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 11th February 2020 at 07:21 AM.