Thread: Summer transfer thread

I think Mbappe and Sancho will remain at their current clubs another season. we may be saving up for one of them 2 next summer.. Time will tell. I do think we need another forward..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Im not waiting for klopp to sign an established world class player. We produce them but unlike before we now keep them

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think Mbappe and Sancho will remain at their current clubs another season. we may be saving up for one of them 2 next summer.. Time will tell. I do think we need another forward..
    Don't be silly only big signing would be if salah or mane went

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    The original conversation was, what if Lewis was Klopp's first choice?...why take the piss with a lowball bid and walk so quickly?...small clubs do that.

I've no clue who is better but it's clear FSG are really tightening the purse strings on the back of TWO seasons of unrivalled success......but hey I'm sure they're doing the same across the pond with their beloved Red Sox.

... and before someone pipes in with the whole financial crisis spiel, I'm not saying we should sign Sancho and Koulibaly. We should however be in a strong position to at least strengthen the squad, particularly up front. Let's not forget we're one of the clubs advocating 5 subs next season, that plays right into City's hands with the quality they can bring on.
    You do wonder if we're funding Red sox more, or what sometimes.

Salah wasn’t his first choice. Getting your first choice isn’t automatic for normal managers.

Having said that, we don’t know who was his first choice in this case as far as I’m aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Guys, I think we're in danger of losing the plot here. Klopp is at the peak of his powers. His stature and status is unrivalled. If he thought he was being treated as a second class citizen, if he thought FSG were focusing more on the Red Sox than the Reds, he would be off in a heartbeat, with the world at his feet. FSG are many things but they're not stupid - they know Klopp is their biggest asset.
    Klopp was willing to wait for Van Dijk. He clearly doesn't see Lewis in the same category - and why would he? We already have the best left-back in football that I can remember. The Liverpool Way is evolution not revolution.

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I read a report more than 9 months ago that attendances were dipping at baseball games some as much as 30%, maybe the money is coming more from tv revenue. You look at the wages in basketball and ice hockey, the arena's for ice hockey only hold around 20 thou. so tv must be playing a large part.

Kostas skillz, via Scout Nation....

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Salah wasn’t his first choice. Getting your first choice isn’t automatic for normal managers.

Having said that, we don’t know who was his first choice in this case as far as I’m aware.
    Who was ahead of Salah that summer? Cant remember who we were linked with.