Page 237 of 659 FirstFirst ... 137187227230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

@CC
    You are Irish indeed - but Salah is Egyptian and we can't get away from that fact.

He had a choice of Chelsea or Liverpool and guess who he chose? He came to us after being offloaded via a loan to Roma ( eventually joining ) - let's not pretend different.

On the WCC - either it is a separate competition to the CL or not?

If it is part of the CL then how can it be a title in it's own right? If it is separate then you cannot play anyone from Europe. In fact we played just 2 games.. basically a single CL tie.. in total against 2 continental winners. It's a trophy - a glamorous one too but it is not a major title IMO or in that of millions of others.

The immediate future is something you have inserted into the convo.. I think this is precisely the point. I think a player like Salah at some point ( hopefully not yet ) starts to think longer term. Legacy/ lifestyle and to play for a Barcelona or a Real Madrid is a HUGE pull. That is it really.
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th September 2020 at 04:04 PM.

Steveo.Lets face it you dont KNOW salah.. so how can you think you know what he wants??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Er - I don’t but others seem to believe they do.

I offered an alternative view and the reasons I suggested are all reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Then we have Barcelona. Where would you prefer to and live work? This was a serious question.
    Forum ledges in Barcelona.

Rampworx in Liverpool.

This question is a Rollerblader's worst nightmare.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Ahh Bootle.. . fair point Sid

Ahh Bootle.. . fair point Sid
    Rampworx legit has one of the best "driveways" with up-along-down box in Europe.

Salah may not care, but I do!

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Ah it was tongue in cheek. Probably mostly just throwaway comments when he was finishing poorly last seasin and mane was playing so well. I agree one will go next summer I reckon. Hopefully not this summer.
    I championed Mane as good as anyone imo and bemoaned Salahs performance drop off and Bobbys too. Not sure if im the lead on those 2 or how harshly that extends in others minds.

Id like to think we wont see any of them depart before they are 30. Cant see any credibility in the rumours now, perhaps next summer it becomes serious and the following summer would see one move on. Think Salah or Mane at 30 would still generate a big transfer fee.

@CC
    You are Irish indeed - but Salah is Egyptian and we can't get away from that fact.

He had a choice of Chelsea or Liverpool and guess who he chose? He came to us after being offloaded via a loan to Roma ( eventually joining ) - let's not pretend different.

On the WCC - either it is a separate competition to the CL or not?

If it is part of the CL then how can it be a title in it's own right? If it is separate then you cannot play anyone from Europe. In fact we played just 2 games.. basically a single CL tie.. in total against 2 continental winners. It's a trophy - a glamorous one too but it is not a major title IMO or in that of millions of others.

The immediate future is something you have inserted into the convo.. I think this is precisely the point. I think a player like Salah at some point ( hopefully not yet ) starts to think longer term. Legacy/ lifestyle and to play for a Barcelona or a Real Madrid is a HUGE pull. That is it really.
    Aye, Salah is an egyptian. It is humid over here but rarely as hot, i like my heat dry, cant say how sticky it is in egypt.
    Im not sure Salah and his family are at risk of the temperate climate in the northwest of england.

Yes, he did join chelsea back then. Yes he moved to Rome and then returned to the pl with liverpool.
    Im not sure how you see my post as pretending otherwise when i stated all 3 of these moves. Nor that lfc today is better than when he joined us, or chelsea, or that barca are worse off now than at either of those times.
    The point i was making is that the alleged superior culture, bigger city, tourist hotspot, stadium capacity, weather, food, amenities and architecture probably arent as relevant as one might think.
    Imo football reasons, salary, playing time, ambition, titles and family are probably better factors to consider. Obviously playing time is listed in a historical sense, leaving chelsea.

It is a seperate competition. But the only way of qualifying as you well know is by winning the CL.
    The idea that no european teams were beaten to win the wcc title seems a little odd when its the only means of qualifying.

Seems a european centric view of world football. Last time we were in it, we failed to win the title. Thus its a first for the club and the team. Doing a first or best at LFC is a special thing as so much has been done before.
    The teams might not be the best sides in world football, but they have mettle and are winners.
    Imo it ranks higher than either domestic cup, below the cl and pl.

This is a discussion about Salah potentially moving to barcelona in the... oh you know, the thing.... i introduced into the conversation.
    Oh thats right, the immediate future. Funny that
    He might have a move in mind, or not, but hed be pretty daft to consider moving to barca (or real) at this minute in time

Ok - if you say so CC..think we are having two separate conversations to be honest.

Ok - if you say so CC..think we are having two separate conversations to be honest.
    Think we are having a conversation where the disputes arent so great regarding the topic.
    I just find it funny regarding your pretending otherwise claim regarding salah having joined chelsea which was stated and citing my introducing the immediate future to a conversation about the immediate future, whislt also suggesting the immediate future might be more important to a 28+ year old footballer than a history over 10 years.

Over 10 years barca have won more titles than us, have a bigger income, but were i salah and looking for a la liga legacy id be looking at them and thinking maybe next year or not at all.

Care to give your top3 or top5 european sides in order for the champions league this year ?
    Care to explain why the last decade is more important than the situations of clubs today ?
    I can see barcas bigger income is a factor for a salary, but ageing squad/stars, managerial and board decisions means they arent that enticing at present imo.
    Real imo might be the one for us to watch out for.