Page 242 of 659 FirstFirst ... 142192232235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You may as well shift Shaqiri. hes never ever fit.

Interesting to know how many minutes of competitive football has he had in the last 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Interesting to know how many minutes of competitive football has he had in the last 18 months.
    1240 minutes in the league according to the premier league site for the last two complete seasons. Almost 14 x 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    1240 minutes in the league according to the premier league site for the last two complete seasons. Almost 14 x 90 minutes.
    It is a mighty strange one. How such a talented player can play so infrequently. He doesn't even seem that bothered - surely he would be fit more often if he did. Looked a great buy at the time

You may as well shift Shaqiri. hes never ever fit.
    I really like Shaqiri when he plays. But I am definitely an advocate of injury-prone player out, resistant-to-injury player in.

Same goes for players that aren't part of plans, or may not be the right fit. Let's look at 5 players.

Shaqiri - not available often enough.
    Wilson - we haven't been using.
    Grujic - we haven't been using.
    Origi - not the most natural fit.
    Brewster - looks a finisher and it's too early to tell (to our eyes, but Klopp sees him in training) but maybe is a bit like Sturridge in that he is likely to always be a more "pure" number Nine when we need something more akin to a False Nine.

Not necessarily saying all should go (I'd love us to develop Brewster, though will trust Klopp's judgement) but if we picture a scenario where all went for £15m (£75m total) or all went for £20m (£100m total) you could knock on Dortmund's door and say "here lads, what about Sancho?" and you've acquired your (pick one) Mane or Salah replacement ahead of time, without actually having sold one of our front three yet, with your chances of "NET contribution" going up, ie I fancy we get more goals/assists/xG/whatever per season in all comps from Sancho than the other 5 combined.

You then look at selling one of Mane or Salah at the end of 20/21 or 21/22 while they still have high value and can redevelop the next bit of the side that requires attention.

Naturally the above is a very lazy/"Football Manager" (which I've never actually played!) description but I'm always interested by the potential to be found via the sales of lesser-used players - if Wilson and Grujic both went for £20m each you have acquired over half of the fee we put down for Van Dijk - provided you can sell well and identify targets well it's crazy what you can do in the short-mid term.

Why sell Mane and Salah?? I would rather get rid of Firmino.. for all his good work in midfield.. He offers nothing has a forward.
    Hes to powderpuff in front of goal. lets hope he picks up his scoring ratio this season or it will be down to Salah and Mane to again do bulk of the scoring.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Spurs on about re-signing bale on loan at least.

Desperate times for them haha

Yep - Not sure how his wages will be managed but looks increasingly likely Bale will be at Spurs this season..

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...n-b451555.html

Rumours (as ever cant be trusted) but there is one that, Sheffield united have sealed a deal for Brewster on a permanent.So lets see what comes off this.. I dont get how we are not interested in central strikers.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Why sell Mane and Salah??
    In the future? (I'm not advocating a sale this Summer, or a sale until a younger upgrade is acquired). Fair question.

Pace is a big part of the game of both players - to me Firmino will still be able to do "Firmino things" for a longer period of time whereas pacey players to tend to lose 10-20% of that attribute (that much of their game is often built on) earlier in their careers.

They also (gifted, pacey players) tend to be able to fetch a higher fee and the more you receive for a player, you naturally have more to re-invest. We could (in a year or two) probably still get £120m - £180m for one of Mane or Salah, whereas you probably don't receive that kind of cash for Firmino, partly as his skills are less easy to quantify using base stats as it's their ability to facilitate those around them that lifts the team, as opposed to a more raw contribution to scoring stats - Muller and Giroud are arguably players you could categorise that way, or you'll hear Owen or Rooney speak highly of Healey in the England set-up.

There's certainly a discussion to be had about Firmino's output at the moment - wouldn't begrudge you chasing that thread of discussion at all.

I saw a documentary the other night about Spurs, i'm pretty sure Mourinho was calling Alli lazy during a conversation with his assistant and Daniel Levy. He hadn't long took over when he said that, i don't know if his views are the same. I'm mentioning this because in the gossip column, they are thinking of using him as part of any deal to bring Bale back. Could be wrong of course.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - Not sure how his wages will be managed but looks increasingly likely Bale will be at Spurs this season..

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...n-b451555.html
    Yep let him go there, they need to get messi I think just to get into top 4!!

Also why would ali be involved in a exchange when it's a loan???

Why would real even want him?
    Last edited by Kev0909; 16th September 2020 at 02:14 PM.