Thread: Summer transfer thread

Man City have signed Ferran Torres from Valencia for £20.87m having already agreed a fee of £40m for Nathan Ake.

I fully expect them to spend in the region of £200m this summer. Corrupt as **** and nothing but 'Cheque book Charlies'.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    "Stop spoiling our fun Sid"
    A Simpsons quote but I put "Sid" instead of "Lisa".
    That's RIGHT! A girl wants to play Football.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Man City have signed Ferran Torres from Valencia for £20.87m having already agreed a fee of £40m for Nathan Ake.

I fully expect them to spend in the region of £200m this summer. Corrupt as **** and nothing but 'Cheque book Charlies'.
    There owners will just cough up the money that the fans pay entering the turn styles, in our case its 3 million per-match.. we have to deal with the money internally .they have an open chequebook
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    There owners will just cough up the money that the fans pay entering the turn styles, in our case its 3 million per-match.. we have to deal with the money internally .they have an open chequebook
    Open chequebooks can't stop Fabinho or Ox screamers though. We'll just have to do it the hard way and yield twice the satisfaction - again.

Let's get it.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Less of a cheque book, more of an oil well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Less of a cheque book, more of an oil well.
    Perhaps this belongs on a different thread BUT. .
    Not so much left in those oil wells these days. Could run out in next 20 years depending on usage but could also become more of an undesirable commodity (the world urgent needs to find alternative energy supplies) May be why those guys need to find a different source of income.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Perhaps this belongs on a different thread BUT. .
    Not so much left in those oil wells these days. Could run out in next 20 years depending on usage but could also become more of an undesirable commodity (the world urgent needs to find alternative energy supplies) May be why those guys need to find a different source of income.
    That's exactly why they are doing things such as buying football clubs and huge swathes of property in the likes of murder cent..... I mean London.

Joe Bryan for LB cover anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Joe Bryan for LB cover anyone?
    I just posted about him in the 'other games' thread. As I said there, he did TAA proud.