Page 100 of 659 FirstFirst ... 509093949596979899100101102103104105106107110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

The worry is the monopolisation of players. Remember Salah going to Chelsea just to stop us getting him.? That is all it was. This is what will be common place without any regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    I would have thought it's the match going fans that will get football going again rather than buying expensive players, unless you're buying players from lower league clubs that are really under threat.

Can we all just go back to normal now or is there a recession on the way?
    Covid19 must surely make people a little suspicious? Who is really at risk and who is most likely to benefit...?

It has smashed anything short on the biggest of resource or the largest surplus wealth. Hmmm

Looks like far worse than a recession is on the way.

If I remember rightly FSG bought the club on the whole FFP premise?
    Thinking that LFC would be one of few clubs that would be in profit (by making the CL each year) but that quickly changed when we dropped out of it after they took over.
    Kudos to them for adapting and doing the right things but maybe it's time to do that again?
    If not our spell at the top will be short lived, we'll compete for sure but we need the investment to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The worry is the monopolisation of players. Remember Salah going to Chelsea just to stop us getting him.? That is all it was. This is what will be common place without any regulation.
    I've been saying that ever since it happened ...I didn't think anyone agreed with me......guess thats what you get being a Londoner....your'e always wrong on this Forum.....lolol��

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Thinking that LFC would be one of few clubs that would be in profit (by making the CL each year) but that quickly changed when we dropped out of it after they took over.
    Kudos to them for adapting and doing the right things but maybe it's time to do that again?
    If not our spell at the top will be short lived, we'll compete for sure but we need the investment to go with it.
    Agreed. And you can not argue with what they have achieved ( could have been quicker IMO ) - BUT - FFP was always likely to fall flat. Not even being cynical any realist would have expected this to be the case.

You cannot expect a fundamentally corrupt and rigged economic structure to police such a hugely financially dependant sector..? It just naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    But then we need a new CB. Who are we going to get?
    The way things are...If we aint buying then we aint selling.....Klopp was proved right last this season ....when he said after our Chapions league win....... he wasn't worried by lack of new players he was happy at the thought he got to keep a successful squad together for the first time.!!
    The one I wold keep for sure is Adam Lallana.......Really should have kept hold of Ings as well IMHO

Apologies for the Frat Fringers!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    As you say they found a way to adapt.....and at the very least we have to accept that they are shrewd business men....They now own the Jewel in the Crown...and any smart businessmen/people .......lol .........will be doing what they can to protect that Asset.... ...

however i worry big money always wins out in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    The way things are...If we aint buying then we aint selling.....Klopp was proved right last this season ....when he said after our Chapions league win....... he wasn't worried by lack of new players he was happy at the thought he got to keep a successful squad together for the first time.!!
    The one I wold keep for sure is Adam Lallana.......Really should have kept hold of Ings as well IMHO

Apologies for the Frat Fringers!
    Bloody Jürgen Klopp, knows nothing. Doesn't he play Football Manager, everyone know you have to blow all the club's money on buying shiny new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    One of Hoever or van den Berg, with Fabinho dropping in sometimes and maybe Milner or Henderson having the odd game there?

Wouldn't be what I would want to resort to, but if I thought it was for just the one season / that it would get the Youth player up to speed to be good enough for 4th spot it might be a worthwhile calculated gamble.

Lovren's £100k per week off the books and some cash is hard to say no to, to me - if we got £10m and didn't have to pay his wages for a year due to sale we would have £15m, which wouldn't be too bad a result.
    If we were bringing another exoerienced CB in then yes I agree.

We should not be selling him to replace with a kid or Fabinho as if we get a few CB injuries we will be at risk.

Big clubs should be looking to get sttonger selling Lovren and not replacing him makes us weaker and that is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Covid19 must surely make people a little suspicious? Who is really at risk and who is most likely to benefit...?

It has smashed anything short on the biggest of resource or the largest surplus wealth. Hmmm

Looks like far worse than a recession is on the way.
    Worse than a recession is on the way and Bill Gates reckons there'll be a second wave worse than the first.

Why buy expensive players on expensive wages if they aren't going to be playing?

Alternatively it'll all be back to normal by Christmas.