Thread: Summer transfer thread

He looks like he has 5 legs sometimes..Not for me..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    He looks like he has 5 legs sometimes..Not for me..
    Agreed, very raw and leggy. Just because he had a good game against us and is Sadio's mate doesn't mean he's that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Agreed, very raw and leggy. Just because he had a good game against us and is Sadio's mate doesn't mean he's that good.
    yep hes ok to run to into space. but he will be caught with the ball to easy when teams are deep against us.. I would prefer Adama Traoré for the right side or Son for the left.. Neither are likely. But in son's case hes a superb player.

Barnsey just nailed it, don't need big signing super stars

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    yep hes ok to run to into space. but he will be caught with the ball to easy when teams are deep against us.. I would prefer Adama Traoré for the right side or Son for the left.. Neither are likely. But in son's case hes a superb player.
    Both will cost around 60-70 each and be bench players 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Barnsey just nailed it, don't need big signing super stars
    We make stars

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    We make stars
    If Jürgen makes Sarr a star it'll take a lot of money!

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    It has a lot to do with Klopp but he is part of the model. Just dismissing the whole operating model is a bit narrow sighted (imo).
    Not dismissing anything really. Pre Klopp and just under 5 years ago we were nowhere - with a bang average squad. Klopp comes in and transforms the club.. Instilled belief, passion... an entire culture... When that success comes it is easy to credit the entire operation - and it has been pretty good - BUT believing that finding the best manager in the world is some kind of plan, design or formula is wide of the mark IMO. Every club wants that but sadly they are few and far between.
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd July 2020 at 07:03 AM.

Poor Sadio being told several times by Carragher that he loves him.. I was expecting a request of marriage.The way it was going..

Given the past, you would suspect Sancho wouldn't go to City.

So in terms of moves to English clubs, it's likely Chelsea, United or us.

I wonder if we could have discrete conversations with him, with a view to saying "look, stay at Dortmund another year, we will come in for you at the end of the 20/21 season.

Things will hopefully be more "normal" by then and we may be due the next Alisson/Van Dijk style signing, ie someone who truly lifts the level of the first 11-16 players.

In a "normal" market we can surely sell a few unwanted players in the £10m to £15m range and supplement those sales with some sponsor/revenue generated cash to muster up a £90m or whatever bid that Dortmund probably take, negotiate some incentives in the small-print about "dibs" on players for loan and so on, keep the relationship good as we do with the Red Bull clubs.