Thread: Summer transfer thread

We got 10 million for a player who would cost nothing in January?? I think that's a good deal. We may get back up cover anyway. so lets not whine at the moment.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    For fuck sake we can't be that skint not to be able to extend a important players contract

Especially if there's talk of thiago

Stop acting like we're going bankcrupt jesus fuck

one of the biggest clubs in the world, pathetic this small-time money talk.

(not just aimed at you sid) but we shouldn't be worrying about money for contract...
    It's undeniably EASIER to do so if wages are freed up elsewhere, especially if we're possibly bringing Alcantara in.

New Academy build, stadium expansion, missing out on march revenue, re-imbursing tickets, money set aside for further stadium expansion to what's already been done, agent fees for re-negotiating contracts, upgrading contracts to tie down our best players - all during Covid-19 and all adds up - nothing at all wrong with creating wiggle-room where it won't really be missed.

Nothing wrong with making sure the Hatchback is ticking over nicely that has got us to our destination and not bemoaning the imminent arrival of a Ferrari in a driveway. We are conducting prudent, intelligent business here that might be opening more doors than we know and I can only see positives in that.

My only concern about it all is that the money we should certainly have in reserve has not been taken out of the club and into the general FSG coffers

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    My only concern about it all is that the money we should certainly have in reserve has not been taken out of the club and into the general FSG coffers
    Understandable concern given that we had poor owners before - but the Coutinho money went back into making the squad better - had half of that "vanished" for example I think alarm bells would ring, but personally think we are safe on that score.

If there is any "spare" money after Covid-19 settles down, I expect we'll see a first-teamer come in. Hard to find though without extortionate cost and/or wage demands that would unsettle the current crop - the contract situations show we are very keen to keep this current group of talent together.

For fuck sake we can't be that skint not to be able to extend a important players contract

Especially if there's talk of thiago

Stop acting like we're going bankcrupt people jesus fuck

one of the biggest clubs in the world, pathetic this small-time money talk.

(not just aimed at you sid) but we shouldn't be worrying about money for contract...
    Dumped out of the CL with a world wide pandemic going on. I'd say we should split every penny, especially with our bloated wage bill.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Dumped out of the CL with a world wide pandemic going on. I'd say we should split every penny, especially with our bloated wage bill.
    Lallana gone.
    Clyne gone.
    Lovren to be confirmed.
    Shaqiri - ???
    Origi - ???

Would be some serious saving if we enter 20/21 without them all. Without looking it up (can do later) that would be between £400k and £450k per week that could surely be put to better use than currently, with all due respect to those involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I'm sure other clubs will have a problem to keep important players due to contracts right?

No of course not.

Christ we must be the poorest in the league.

Maybe we should setup a "gofundme" for the club?

Times are hard man

Lolz

I'm sure other clubs will have a problem to keep important players due to contracts right?

No of course not.

Christ we must be the poorest in the league.
    We're not of course, but there are factors that permit other clubs to spend more at the current time. Chelsea had the Morata and Hazard money and were coming off the back of a transfer ban, plus the knowledge that a high earner like Willian would be leaving. City financially dope.

Little point adding to a squad where the first-team is so good without moving a couple on.

We are very successful with our strategy - sit back and enjoy us reaping the benefits of our set-up, our players and our Manager.

Nineteen times.

West Ham have just spent £19m. Maybe Rice is going