Thread: Summer transfer thread

Linked with Schalke CB Ozan Kabak. 20 years old, anyone seen him play?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Linked with Schalke CB Ozan Kabak. 20 years old, anyone seen him play?
    He has been loosely linked with a couple of clubs (City, United, Dortmund) over the last couple of years and if memory serves has a long contract.

Would cost a lot. I would be very surprised if we went for him unless Klopp would be pushing Gomez down the pecking order and making Kabak first-choice, which, at age 20, would be ballsy.

The club have ruled out Ozan Kabak..

anyway confirmed Lovren has left for Zenit.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Chelsea close to signing Havertz, quite some transfer window they're having. They'll be fun to watch next season.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Let’s just hope they don’t buy a keeper or defenders.

Klopp always emphasises the need to have a squad which is as big as you need but not bigger. I think he thinks it can cause unrest in the dressing room with a lot of players spending a lot of time on the bench. We have quite a small squad, but it feels balanced, unlike a couple of years ago when we were heading into that champions league final running on fumes.
    Chelsea must have a huge squad after this window. Plus of course they have an obscene amount of players out on loan too. I am a bit surprised by the players they are choosing to spend money on, when even Stevie wonder can see that they need a goal keeper and a defence.
    What is Willian's situation? Is he leaving on a free or is he still signed up to them? Maybe he would fancy being a part of the Brasilian love in at Anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Let’s just hope they don’t buy a keeper or defenders.
    Yep, it won't be fun watching them if they do!

Gotta hope Kepa has a blinder in the FA cup final but I fear he's done.............funny thing is I'm pretty sure I read at the time he was our plan b should we have failed with the Alisson transfer!
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The club have ruled out Ozan Kabak..

anyway confirmed Lovren has left for Zenit.
    and hardly a wimper from anyone. No Lallana style send off for Lovren. I actually quite liked him as a personality and a character in the dressing room; just a shame that he was a pretty average footballer.

Milner: Good luck @Dejan06Lovren, we are gonna miss you on and off the field.
    Our corner of the dressing room will be less fun now - but I won’t miss not being able to get out of my car because of your horrendous parking ��
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    and hardly a wimper from anyone. No Lallana style send off for Lovren. I actually quite liked him as a personality and a character in the dressing room; just a shame that he was a pretty average footballer.

Milner: Good luck @Dejan06Lovren, we are gonna miss you on and off the field.
    Our corner of the dressing room will be less fun now - but I won’t miss not being able to get out of my car because of your horrendous parking ��
    So Milner is staying? Lol....
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    So Milner is staying? Lol....
    You'd like to hope so. Excellent role model, can be used in almost any role in emergencies, willing to leave a bit on a player early doors in a Champion's League game to quieten them a bit (Neymar knows this) and we wouldn't want to move on too many senior players at once while their influence can rub off on younger lads.