Thread: Summer transfer thread

Bit strange grand scheme of things, staff don't cost much at all.

Auba close to signing a new contract too, 100% a signing bonus no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Watching 55 people made redundant when you could probably save them for around £2-3m a year.

Then reports say Arsenal want to sign Willian on £100k a week which is £5m a year and he will want a signing on fee.

How uncomfortable would you be in Willians shoes ?!
    As they would probably be balenciagas, I'd say very comfortable.

It’s a sad indictment of where the game is right now.
    Lost all of my team to furlough back in March and my very first thought was to take the same 20% hit even though I have carried on working all through the pandemic.
    Now I am no saying that to say how great I am, I earn a decent salary but not the ridiculous amounts Premier League footballers do but it doesn’t appear to have crossed their minds to help out others earning their living at the same place of work.
    Totally self absorbed and avaricious in the main your average modern day footballer.
    #inthistogether
    Last edited by miller0863; 6th August 2020 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Bit strange grand scheme of things, staff don't cost much at all.

Auba close to signing a new contract too, 100% a signing bonus no doubt.
    True id like to think the senior players would get together and say we'll take £10k a week paycut to save the jobs.

I mean we're all in this together arent we, the whole thing is making hate the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Lost all of my team to furlough back in March and my very first thought was to take the same 20% hit even though I have carried on working all through the pandemic.
    Now I am no saying that to say how great I am, I earn a decent salary but not the ridiculous amounts Premier League footballers do but it doesn’t appear to have crossed their minds to help out others earning their living at the same place of work.
    Totally self absorbed and avaricious in the main your average modern day footballer.
    #inthistogether
    Absolutely miller... totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    As they would probably be balenciagas, I'd say very comfortable.
    What a hit son! What a hit!

100k a week. Who needs that sort of money? Let alone when you've already been on that kind of salary for years anyway. Its absurd.
    I was reading last week about Jeff Bezos. The richest man in the world, I dont know much about what he does with his money but his ex wife has vowed to give away all of her wealth before she dies. Fair play to her. Whether fuck needs "billions" of dollars. What are you going to do with it all?
    I'm sure he does a lot that goes unnoticed but the whole point is that why do we have men with that wealth when theres children who cant eat each day. Its plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    100k a week. Who needs that sort of money? Let alone when you've already been on that kind of salary for years anyway. Its absurd.

I was reading last week about Jeff Bezos. The richest man in the world, I dont know much about what he does with his money but his ex wife has vowed to give away all of her wealth before she dies. Fair play to her. Whether fuck needs "billions" of dollars. What are you going to do with it all?

I'm sure he does a lot that goes unnoticed but the whole point is that why do we have men with that wealth when theres children who cant eat each day. Its plain wrong.
    Jeff Bezos' wife has just given away a **** ton of money away to various organisations, all of which belong to/lean towards a certain narrative. The rich are using their vast wealth to influence the political and social agendas/narratives in a way that far outstrips that which can be exerted by huge numbers of others, even when they come together.

I don't like it one bit. Also she has said she'd give away half of her fortune. Poor luv. How will she manage on just $18bn?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    #inthistogether
    100% get where you're coming from miller. Also echo the "not saying it to say how great I am". I live with my folks at present - they're happy to have me around, I'm happy to be there as we are a brilliant family, I can save more money by living at Home for the future in terms of a House purchase or a safety net in an unpredictable World. Because of my circumstances, when I had to stop working, I figured "I'm in a more fortuitous position than most, won't bother with furlough" because my rationale (I know I have no actual control over where the money goes, but still) was that the NHS needed the money more than I do. The 2 or 3 people I told about this thought I was mad, but I didn't feel right taking it when I was, comparative to those with kids and/or pressing rental bills, quite "comfortable".

Why anyone needs a certain amount of money (billionaires shouldn't exist, really) is beyond me. Saying that, I'm sure there are a rare few who get there with good intentions. I know if I raked in absolutely mega-bucks my first thoughts would be buying up land to turn it into Nature reserves that weren't allowed more Housing on them etc, buying parts of areas of deforestation-affected land in Borneo and the Amazon to "re-wild" them, funding Mental Health programs, renewable energy programs, improving fostering schemes and so on and so forth, but I imagine (I'm aware I'm probably coming off altruistic here) that is a minority stance and that more billionaires than not are oriented towards "I wanna be richer than the guy I envy" type feelings, which, if true, is a sad indictment of the competitive insecurities of Human Nature.

It's sad stuff.

I suspect like most of us on here we are decent people and you obviously have a good heart Sid hope things pick up for you soon.

You are right about envy of all the rich guys but in my head if you have enough to live on that should be enough for anybody, after all you cant take it with you.

Im talking as a pretty straight forward guy I like a few things footy cricket boxing music and having a beer and other than maybe buying a new house I dont think it would change me much (We all say that dont we !!)