Thread: Summer transfer thread

Chill out Kev, I was “basically” agreeing with you while pointing out to anyone who didn’t know.
    Jeez you’re edgy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    100k a week. Who needs that sort of money? Let alone when you've already been on that kind of salary for years anyway. Its absurd.
    I was reading last week about Jeff Bezos. The richest man in the world, I dont know much about what he does with his money but his ex wife has vowed to give away all of her wealth before she dies. Fair play to her. Whether fuck needs "billions" of dollars. What are you going to do with it all?
    I'm sure he does a lot that goes unnoticed but the whole point is that why do we have men with that wealth when theres children who cant eat each day. Its plain wrong.
    The reason that there are children that can't eat is because those guys are hoarding all the money............

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    100% get where you're coming from miller. Also echo the "not saying it to say how great I am". I live with my folks at present - they're happy to have me around, I'm happy to be there as we are a brilliant family, I can save more money by living at Home for the future in terms of a House purchase or a safety net in an unpredictable World. Because of my circumstances, when I had to stop working, I figured "I'm in a more fortuitous position than most, won't bother with furlough" because my rationale (I know I have no actual control over where the money goes, but still) was that the NHS needed the money more than I do. The 2 or 3 people I told about this thought I was mad, but I didn't feel right taking it when I was, comparative to those with kids and/or pressing rental bills, quite "comfortable".

Why anyone needs a certain amount of money (billionaires shouldn't exist, really) is beyond me. Saying that, I'm sure there are a rare few who get there with good intentions. I know if I raked in absolutely mega-bucks my first thoughts would be buying up land to turn it into Nature reserves that weren't allowed more Housing on them etc, buying parts of areas of deforestation-affected land in Borneo and the Amazon to "re-wild" them, funding Mental Health programs, renewable energy programs, improving fostering schemes and so on and so forth, but I imagine (I'm aware I'm probably coming off altruistic here) that is a minority stance and that more billionaires than not are oriented towards "I wanna be richer than the guy I envy" type feelings, which, if true, is a sad indictment of the competitive insecurities of Human Nature.

It's sad stuff.
    If the whole world took to planting trees instead of urbanization .

Look at England and ask where are the trees and forests compared to 50 or 60 years ago, before the world starts preaching(Macron) to Brazil and the Amazon.

😉
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    If the whole world took to planting trees instead of urbanization .

Look at England and ask where are the trees and forests compared to 50 or 60 years ago, before the world starts preaching(Macron) to Brazil and the Amazon.

��
    The Amazon is vital to the health of the planet. Even if it had many more times the trees it does, England's trees have next to zero impact on the overall health of the planet i.e. in terms of oxygen output and as a carbon sink. On top of that the Amazon loses as many trees in one year than the entire UK (not just England) has in total. So whilst England/UK isn't perfect, I think in this case they/we are more than entitled to be just a little bit preachy.

Deforestation in Russia is as big of a problem as in Brazil.

According to 'Kicker', our board (as in those in charge of us) have told Klopp to sell players such as Naby Keita to fund a move for Thiago Alcantara.

Make of that what you will. Could it be a load of b/s? Possibly. Would I be surprised if it is indeed the case and that Klopp needs to sell to buy? Nope. Not one bit.

A fully fit Keita can be a really important player for us. Whether he can overcome those niggling injuries he always seems to pick up remains to be seen but I think klopp will give him every chance to do that so I feel like this is bollocks. It's Grujic, Wilson and Shaqiri that are the most likely to move on

I tend to disbelieve half stories from newspapers..They get half quotes and make them into a story.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

No way Keita is going anywhere after the way he finished the season. Just click bait bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    No way Keita is going anywhere after the way he finished the season. Just click bait bollocks.
    Yep that is debilitating. I've got it myself.