Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Depends if we think he is worth £20m it will be interesting to see how much he does leave for.

Also as he is only 22 he might be better off staying at Norwich getting another years experience.

I think the only clubs who are going to spend big are Chelsea PSG City and United most other clubs won’t spend much that is my guess maybe AC Milan will spend too as they have rich owners.

I know what you are saying but with what is happening around the world it isn’t wise or responsible to spend bucket loads of cash.

I want us to win as much as anyone does but if honest I’d rather millions of pounds go to the people in society who need it rather than a footballer/sports star that will divide opinions but it is just my view of life.
    In regards to that last bit, what we do or do not spend on transfers has no bearing on the wider world. If you want to sort that out then you need to get those at the top paying more tax than they do, whilst simultaneously giving those at the bottom a fair bit more. Unless that happens nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    In regards to that last bit, what we do or do not spend on transfers has no bearing on the wider world. If you want to sort that out then you need to get those at the top paying more tax than they do, whilst simultaneously giving those at the bottom a fair bit more. Unless that happens nothing will change.
    I know that but these are difficult times and I don’t blame us for not spending.

FSG have been here for a decade or so and we know they won’t risk it.

We will basically spend what we make in fees/wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Kyrgiakos is no longer friends with justme on Facebook.
    Loved that posting by I think MartyBoy about a 'fictitious' coach trip with Kyrgiakos and the team as it was at that time - it portrayed Kyrgiakos exactly how I pictured him to be ... a brilliant beast of a man.

Comparisons on TransferMarkt are very similar ref Kostas v Jamal.
    Price about £10m for either but Kostas appears to have better assists and goals ratio v Jamal albeit in the Dutch and Greek Leagues but Kostas also seems to have maintained a decent assist record in Euro competitions which Jamal has not yet been able to partake in. Obviously he is Greek - how closely do we need to follow recruitment from homebased players?

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Why? We value him at a price, they want 33% more than that -> we take our business elsewhere. Besides, this is a backup LB. I'm sure if he were a starter we'd have done more to get him, e.g. VVD and Alisson.
    Backup lb was a priority this summer, if Lewis was first choice the club would have known £10m wasn’t going to get him. Makes no sense to give up after an initial bid unless it was to get Olympiacos moving.
    We got £11m for Lovren, we can’t be so skint that our ‘new world’ tactic is to lowball then walk away when we’re told to get lost.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Backup lb was a priority this summer, if Lewis was first choice the club would have known £10m wasn’t going to get him. Makes no sense to give up after an initial bid unless it was to get Olympiacos moving.
    We got £11m for Lovren, we can’t be so skint that our ‘new world’ tactic is to lowball then walk away when we’re told to get lost.
    We certainly aren't skint, in fact we're the exact opposite, though listening to some you'd think we don't have two pennies to rub together.

Nearly 1.5 billion people live on a dollar a day.

Around 4 billion less than 5$ a day.

So work it out if you feel you are poor without food and medication and health care a home stick your hand up 😉

Without stating the obvious in mbappe who else is there to improve the team ?

It is like we are playing football manager.

Better rb lb CB or gk ?
    Rw lw cf ?

Sterling Kdb laporte
    Rashford
    Pulisic
    Bale

Klopp makes stars
    And grooms the youth

Already looking at Jones Elliott Neco Brewster ki Jan .

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Nearly 1.5 billion people live on a dollar a day.

Around 4 billion less than 5$ a day.

So work it out if you feel you are poor without food and medication and health care a home stick your hand up ��
    Those with quite a lot of health, wealth and privilege should be a bit more self aware and less preachy. Just because some poor, unfortunate souls are having a hard time, it doesn't stop others elsewhere having their own issues, irrespective of whether they happen to live in one of the poorest countries in the world, or one of the richest.

For example, I may well have to pay almost a third of my already low income (before I've even paid any bills) on some very important medical treatment because the (not so) "fantastic" NHS won't (but should) pay for it. Also $5 a day goes a lot further in some places than a fair few times that goes in somewhere like London.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    It's not about being poor - it's about judging whether or not those millions could be better spent elsewhere or if the money will bring in points essentially. 8m got us Andy Robertson who was in the same situation as Lewis - a good precedent. Transfermarkt values him at around 10m. Why would we want to pay more, especially if we have a suitable different option? Mane was "second choice" too, but he turned out well.

Let me put it this way - had they asked for 100m, I'm sure you wouldn't be advocating for that. We had different valuations of the player and we felt theirs was way too high. We didn't get here be being fleeced for every player we buy, especially not when we had multiple acceptable targets.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 10th August 2020 at 08:03 AM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non