Thread: Summer transfer thread

So our summer activity is commencing
    Mbappe 2020

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I can probably close my eyes and cross the road outside without being hit. Would it be wise to keep doing that and to expect not to come unstuck at some point? Of course not. Yes we've done well, but to expect everything to keep going smoothly ad infinitum is asking for trouble.
    That is a ridiculous analogy Noods.
    I could not recommend trying that even for someone in perfect health living in the back of beyond. Don't know why you made it.

I dont get the complaints what if this Greek guy turns out to be way better than Lewis? we needed left back cover and the club have seen to it..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

If he is anything like Sotirios Kyrgiakos (true heart and soul) then bring him on. Klopp type of player!

Welcome to Liverpool FC, Kostas....
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53730194
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

To be fair, spending that amount on an International with Champions League experience is decent. Trust the transfer set up within the club to buy the right players when it comes down to it, looking forward to seeing him play.

That the spirit son ...

“Kostas Tsimikas says he believes he has joined "the biggest club in the world" after completing a move to Liverpool from Olympiakos.

The 24-year-old has joined the Premier League champions for about £11.7m on a five-year contract and is expected to provide competition for Andy Robertson.

"I'm very happy, I'm very proud to be here," Tsimikas said.

"It's an honour to be here and I will give my best. For me, [it's] the biggest club in the world."

Tsimikas, who says his brother made him support Liverpool as a child, becomes the club's first signing of the summer.“

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I dont get the complaints what if this Greek guy turns out to be way better than Lewis? we needed left back cover and the club have seen to it..
    The original conversation was, what if Lewis was Klopp's first choice?...why take the piss with a lowball bid and walk so quickly?...small clubs do that.

I've no clue who is better but it's clear FSG are really tightening the purse strings on the back of TWO seasons of unrivalled success......but hey I'm sure they're doing the same across the pond with their beloved Red Sox.

... and before someone pipes in with the whole financial crisis spiel, I'm not saying we should sign Sancho and Koulibaly. We should however be in a strong position to at least strengthen the squad, particularly up front. Let's not forget we're one of the clubs advocating 5 subs next season, that plays right into City's hands with the quality they can bring on.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    The original conversation was, what if Lewis was Klopp's first choice?...why take the piss with a lowball bid and walk so quickly?...small clubs do that.

I've no clue who is better but it's clear FSG are really tightening the purse strings on the back of TWO seasons of unrivalled success......but hey I'm sure they're doing the same across the pond with their beloved Red Sox.

... and before someone pipes in with the whole financial crisis spiel, I'm not saying we should sign Sancho and Koulibaly. We should however be in a strong position to at least strengthen the squad, particularly up front. Let's not forget we're one of the clubs advocating 5 subs next season, that plays right into City's hands with the quality they can bring on.
    I think we had this guy as equal.. two choices for the left back roll. Norwich wanted wayyy to much Lewis. so we ended up with the Greek.

I think we will end up with centre back cover and another forward. Its a matter of moving on Shaqiri and Wilson..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post

I've no clue who is better but it's clear FSG are really tightening the purse strings on the back of TWO seasons of unrivalled success......but hey I'm sure they're doing the same across the pond with their beloved Red Sox.COvid

This.

None of us have a clue as to who is/will be better out of the two players. The issue raised wasn't about that, but was instead about our finances and how our owners choose to operate when it comes to transfers.